good buy?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
cool

buy it at once!you can find orther cheap lamp

Your excitedness excites me, and dont worry i already bought it. Do you have any ideas on how to retrofit it or what to use? double ended hqi? I was looking for the specs for the original lamp but could only find specs for a lamp of a lower model and i think it had about 10000 lumens, and 3400k color, which seemed low to me.

I think the lamp my projector uses actually looks like this http://ak.buy.com/db_assets/large_images/637/10273637.jpg

Im not sure if that will make it easier or harder, it seems like it would give me more space to work with but now im gonna need to figure out a reflector. And that hqi looks perfect, what did you spend on the whole setup and what are the specs? If i did it right do you think its possible that the projector could be brighter than with the original projector bulb.

maybe?

ok, my projector is supposed to use a 250 watt metal halide lamp so i was wondering if its maybe possible to hook a 250w hqi to it somehow to turn on when i turn on the projector. Shouldnt the projector have a ballast built in because im sure its not built into the light fixture. If its not possible to do that o well i can flip a seperate switch, but i woul rather not have to plug it in to 2 outlets.

Ok now Im trying to decide wheather to get a 250 watt hqi or 150 watt hqi, Negative design was telling me 250 would do damage, and that 150 did will inside peoples ohps'. He showed me the results and im impressed. The ups and downs are 150 is cheaper and easier to find, maybe less harmfull and (from what negative design says) 150 is smaller, 250 is brighter incase i want to make a bigger screen later on. Everyone help me decide, if you dont gimmie some input im gonna stab you in the eye with a sharpened spork handle.... thanks.

i never said anything about harm....did i? no! i said it would probably be to much light for a measly LCD.I still think using a 250w HQI wouldnt be a good idea...HMMM oh wait somethings coming to me, if you can make an elognated reflector then the size wouldnt matter, you could make a light guide so the HQI wouldnt actuaully be in the PJ or near the LCD.

just a thought.....

Ok i got lost somewhere with this HQI business...I was hearing everyone talk about 400W metal halides and moving up to 1000W metal halides and all of a sudden it seems now 150w-250w HQI's are all the rage....What are the differences/pros/cons of HQI vs Metal Halides?

Is there more heat output from a HQI? is the color better with HQIs? etc.. etc...??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.