• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Le class A and Le monstre parts sell off

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello Diy-ers.

I have currently got some excess parts from my builds of the Le monstre and Le class amplifiers which have been posted as articles on diyaudioprojects.com and diyaudio.com seen here

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Solid/Jean-Hiraga-Class-A-Amplifier/

http://diyaudioprojects.com/Solid/Jean-Hiraga-Le-Monstre/

I am still building some of these amplifiers but i have quite alot of parts surplus to my needs:

the parts i have are as follows:

2SJ74(BL) , 2SK170(BL) 20 matched sets.
2SC1775A(E), 2SA872A(E) 20 Matched sets
2SB716, 2SD756 20 matched sets
2SA1186, 2SC2837 will match on request for the output pair. (improvements on the 2SD844 2SB754)

This is all the transistors to make a Le monstre. asking $AU60 ($42USD) for a pair transistors to make a stereo amp + freight

I also have
as above 2SC1775A(E), 2SA872A(E) Matched sets
2SA634, 2SC1096
2SC5200, 2SA1943

This is all the transistors to make a Le classe a amp. asking $AU60 ($42USD) for a pair transistors to make a stereo amp + freight

All parts are measured.

-Dan

ttan98 said:
Class A amplifier what a waste of energy, Save the Earth. Think twice before building Class A or Tube amplifier.

Just my opinion no need to response.

I totally agree! Class A is a horrible pig. When one ways the overall cost, energy use should be considered. However, I have scrapped my Class D amp for two F4 amps. I am a hipocrate right? Wrong. Knowing these amp would consume more enery than my entire house made me think of ways to minimize their consumption.

Fiirst, they will be on a timer for 20 hours a day. I will water cooling them and use the heat for my shower tank. I will use even more greedy thermoelectric plates to supplement the hot water heater and cool a secondary water system that I will use for air con. I will power pumps for a 10000 gal aquarium that will use sun light for coral growth and use cold water from the peltier plates to chill the aquarium. I will use a LOT of power all revolving around a couple of class A amps and it will be green... I will paint them green and it will be all OK, right? Like the eco-friendly green plastic bins, is plastic eco-friendly? Seriously though, I am building a hybrid hydro and thermo-electric generator of my design to power the whole house with near zero impact on the environment with the exception being the energy use for production at the factory. You can't do this in Oz, US, Can, UK, etc. due to stringent opposition and lofty pricing that deter those residents from generating their own electricity. I am leaving the west for these reasons. Everyone complains and nobody gets off the couch to do anything about it.

Hello People.

update:

parts which i still have left:

2SJ74(BL), 2SK170(BL) 14 matched sets.

2SC1775A(E), 2SA872A(E) 7 Matched sets

2SB716, 2SD756 14 matched sets

2SC1943, 2SA5200 (note - these are genuine Toshiba)

2SA1186, 2SC2837 (note - these are genuine Sanken)

-Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.