Project VIDA, Dayton and Vifa

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I just finished my loudspeakers.
It's a two-way system using the Vifa XT19 and the Dayton RS150.
I'm very pleased with the sound of these speakers, you don't miss anything, even a low B of a bassguitar is clearly audible. All you need a small-medium sized room

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Pretty heavy with all the sand, 35 kilo's :D

on-axis

30degrees off-axis

decay 30 degrees off-axis

Looks pretty nice. One issue- it looks like you're intending to have the first shelf act as a brace, not a tuned section of the cab (with a single port firing downward). If this is correct, you should open up that shelf brace quite a bit more with a second hole as you're impeding the vent.

Nice work tho!

Thanks for the comment!
The brace is indeed not a tuned section, but making the hole larger is not necessary. I simulated the enclosure in AJhorn and the hole was large enough.
The advantage of the hole is that it (partially)eliminates standing waves.
But the most important thing is that the bass sounds incredibly clear.

I did a listening check with a sinegenerator, it looked as if there was a slight dip around 120hz (a dip you usually get with double chamber reflex enclosures).
I added axtra holes around the large hole to increase it's area. The area is now as big as the woofers effective membrane area. After checking with the sinegenerator again the slight dip is still there, so the dip is not generated by the shelf (but probably by the room).
It looks like the enclosure is acting like a regular bassreflex enclosure (just like in intended)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.