• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Genuine Mullard CV378 (GZ37) rectifiers for sale x4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have recently moved house and am trying to clear out alot of stuff I don't need or are unlikely to use. These are NOS mullards. Military versions I believe and there in the boxes. They have not been used. I originally got 4 of them to make a full wave rectifier after seeing a schematic for an Audionote Ongaku amp! :). I heard rave reviews about it and I was still a novice with electronics. The OPT is the key part plus the caps and construction. (how naive I was at the time!).

So yeah they could be used for SE Triode amps 211, 845 etc with large HT rails.

Anyway here is a link I come across yesterday.

http://www.mullardtubes.com/MullardRectifierTubes.aspx

To quote from the above website - "Without a doubt the finest GZ-37 available today only exceeded by the High Wycombe CV378 "Fat Glass"

I took these pictures about an hour ago.

Attachments

• cv378-1.jpg
    cv378-1.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 498
limono said:
and the price is??

Having a good look around I am looking for £180 for the four ie. $265.00. This is pretty cheap if you look at some other sites.

http://www.mullardtubes.com/Mullard-GZ-37-GZ37-CV378/?ID=0&ProductID=150

nearly $150 a tube or this one

https://www.tubeworld.com/gz37.htm

Between $100-$150 per tube. That site has some good information on it regarding the valve. I don't know enough about getters etc.

Lastly I forgot to mention that all four tubes have the same date codes YE. Mid 60's I think. As you can see from that link just above, the internal construction has changed over time. So it's a mix and match affair.

PS. Ignore delivery costs. I have stuff (palettes) going to virginia at work all the time and it will be well packed.

Best Regards

Kevin

doucanoe said:
Just thought that I should follow up on this. I spoke with Kevin and we worked out a deal on the GZ37 rectifiers.

I received them last week and everything is looking great. I'm pretty excited to use these in my 300b project.

Thanks much Kevin!

How's the 300B amps going? . Starting myself on some solid state types with jfets etc for bi amping. Recently bought some good speakers so going to bi amp them etc.

Let us know

All the best

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

I have been somewhat sidetracked by a couple a speaker projects I was working on and the 300B project was put on hold. I have most everything I need now however and should be back at it soon.

The 2A3 amps I bought to keep me occupied in the interim have been my downfall. They reduced the urgency to get them done quite a bit :D

I will keep you posted when they get full attention again.

RC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.