Mid driver advice (again)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I guess I'm not the first to ask this, but the mid driver is perhaps the most important driver in a 3 way system. Besides it never hurts to ask the opinion of others ;)

My plan is to build me a new 3 way system.
I have already decided for the Lamda SB12 driver in a 120 liter (4 cubic feet) sealed box.
The tweeter will probably be a Thiel&Partner (Accuton in the States) C12/6 of C23/6.

Now for the mid. De Lamda will be crossed over at 150 Hz (active xover). The tweeter should start around 2500-3000 Hz (don't know yet what type of passive Xover).

What mid units suits this setup best??
My first thoughts are:
* Thiel&Partner (Accuton) C89-T6
* Eton 7-372/32 HEX
* Seas Excel?
* Focal?
* Scan speak?
* Bandor?

The mid unit should handle 150 - 2500/3000 Hz and have an efficiency of around 89 db/w.
Some drivers have a reputation to be "difficult", probably because of cone breakups etc that must me eliminated with the filter. I don't like that. Also it should integrate well with the other drivers.

Another option is to use a small, high quality monitor type 2 way system and use that. eg. the Von Schweikert VR1.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.