Components for Kwak-Clock

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have just recieved the schematics for the Kwak-clock.
I would like to bulid this clock, but there's a problem.
The FET used is not available from my local retailer, do anyone have a recommendation for FET I can use instead?
Can I use a bipolar transistor instead of a FET without degrade the performance?

I'm currently ordering my parts from www.elfa.se

There's also a problem with the comparator, the comparators listed at the schematic are not available from Elfa Either, but I think I have found a comparator which could work as a replacement: MAX961.
Would this comparator be a good alternative for the comparators listed at the schematics?

Parts substitutes

Hi Gunderz,
Please have a look here for all the parts I did try with less good results:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=26141#post26141
and
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=11962#post11962

The circuit with the J309 and the AD8561 is proved and tested. With other components it might work but you are on unkwown territory.
A bipolar transistor was used in version 2 of my clock with less good results.
I doubt if the MAX961 is a good choice as it has internal hysteresis.:cool: :cool:

Hi tone,

How much for 1 set (esp ad8561 and FET) need in Kwak Clock, if you can give a good price, perhaps need more than one set, have you in Malaysia (perhaps in Kuala Lumpur) have a good "retailer" for semiconductor like Texas Instrument, Analog Device, Linear Technology, Cirrus Logic, Motorrola and other company, like to hear someone want to help in Diy world.

Sincerely,
A'af

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Clock parts

Why not ask Elso?
He can supply the parts, and PCB...

Arne K
NORWAY

Attachments

• k-c_img.jpg
    k-c_img.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,553
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.