My Aleph30 is Completed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally completed my ALeph30. Here the serie of pictures. The sound is so gound that I'm having problem listening to any other amp. Thanks Nelson Pass.

Here the mechanical assy is almos done.

Attachments

• 1- mechanical almost done_small.jpg
    1- mechanical almost done_small.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 6,522
Front View

Almost done, here the front panel with the blues led power indicator (it matches the BOZ preamp that I used with it).
You can see a nice finish for this panel. The secret, I used two old Hayes modem case that I cut in two. This nice cases were made of aluminium extrusion. I kept only the top section that I used for the front and back. These panels limited the amp width, here the call for the amp being so compact. The panel height matched perfectly the heatsink that I used. Great look I think...

Attachments

• 8- front_small.jpg
    8- front_small.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 5,130
Fan option

For the look and the mechanical assy I installed the heatsink horizontally, not good. I lost some of the efficiency of this nice 0.4 deg C/W heatsink. The temperature was a little bit to high, around 65C, outch. So I added a fan option. Now I'm around 45 deg C, much better. I used ball beearings small 12Vdc fan and reduced their speed using a serie resistor. A switch can be used to shut them down. We cannot hear them listening to music...

Attachments

• 11- fan option_small.jpg
    11- fan option_small.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 4,444
Very nice indeed, it shows that it pays to take your time.
I don't see any balanced input provision, this 1 really goes well with XBoSoZ, must consider it.
What is you home adress and when will you be away for about 20min's ;) - I like your workshop setup, will turn kitchen into that 1 of these days.

My "workshop"

Attachments

• pb120001.jpg
    pb120001.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 3,129
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.