Simple AMP DIY

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to create a AMP for my car, I did some research and all of the site gave me are to technical in nature, i was hopping that there would be a easier way or instruction that i could follow like, what board, diode, transistors that i should buy, and a step by step procedure on assembling it.

thanks

the websites posted above have complete instructions for the amplifier sections.

as far as I know, there is no commercial/kit alternative for the car SMPS. you could, however, cannibalize one from an existing car amp. just what I did....

a P3A/P68 hybrid 2channel amp still using the original powersupply and preamp sections.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

LightwaveDude said:
Look at www.41hz.com or www.chipamp.com both offer full kits. All you need to do is follow the instructions and solder, add a power supply, and case.

Thanks LightwaveDude for the links... the second site i think gave me an idea what a chip would look like.

another question arises, if you dont mind, and sorry for my ignorance, may i ask those chips that i saw did not have jack in/out(or RCF? red and white input/output)?

so where will i connect the Head units audio output? and where will i connect the speakers input?

thanks

djQUAN said:
the websites posted above have complete instructions for the amplifier sections.

as far as I know, there is no commercial/kit alternative for the car SMPS. you could, however, cannibalize one from an existing car amp. just what I did....

a P3A/P68 hybrid 2channel amp still using the original powersupply and preamp sections.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

may i know how you come about this project? i mean what are the parts that i could change in a cannibalized car amp? and where could i bu this kit in the Philippines? is it much cheaper to build than to buy a new one?

thanks

Are most amplifiers capable of powering a sub woofer?

I'm beginning a similar project only for a dedicated sub woofer amp. Will it have proper response in the 20-200hz range?

What did you end up using for a power supply, I'm assuming for a car it requires 12v dc. I've never seen a DIY car amplifier before.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.