panasonic CQ-TX5500 Vacuum Tube Headunit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi guys
just brought one of these units

eBay.co.uk: Rare Panasonic CQ-TX5500 Vacuum Tube CD Player MP3 (item 230085513438 end time 06-Feb-07 00:58:03 GMT)
but all the wires have been cut so i dont have aclue which ones do what,ive down loaded the koren manual but alas i cant read koren and theres no pretty colur pics and diagrams to give me a clue.
ive also loaded the enlish manual but the colurs listed are different to the ones on my unit.
im desperate guys had this thing two weeks and cant hear it or check that it works...very depressing,so any help and quickly would be much appricated!
smithie

Have you tried buying the service manual for it? That should show the connector and the function of each pin in the plug.

Have you tried buying a replacement wiring harness for it (assuming that the harness plugs into the back of the head unit)?

If you can find no other solution, you may have to disassemble the unit to see if the circuit board is marked to show the function of each wire.

hi
thanks for the help guys,service manual sounds a good idea,never thought of that...did think about taking it to bits:smash: but was abit worried about that!
sent the guy acouple of emails but he hasnt been in touch regarding the prob!..live and learn i guess!
all the best
smithie

hi
thanks guys,got hold of the service manual and all i can say is the wiring in the manual is totally different to mine as wiring it up per manual did nothing...very weird that panasonic should be so wrong!
if only i had read this thread alittle earlier as i stripped the whole player down as i was convinced that it was u/s should of took some photos then..wont be doing it again in a hurry as its quite a puzzle to take apart...but its well made and worth the money unlike some ive had in the past!
anyway by using different wires then stated i got it powered up and used it thro my home hifi using the pre-outs...very nice although it was only a quick listern!
still need to sort all the rest of the wires out and still confused that it dont match what panasonic service manual states!
will check that link you posted,many thanks
smithie

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.