Remote Control Pot

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Dodd tube buffer with a custom LDR attenuator installed by Gary. It sounds fantastic and has every option including ClarityCap MRs and an NOS 6H30-DR tube. The only thing I would add to this preamp is remote control capability. Since the LDR board simply uses a cheap pot in order to vary the voltage, all I need is a cheap remote control pot to swap in; I think...

I know the ALPS blue pots have remote control, but I don't want to pay the going rate for those simply for voltage regulation. Any suggestions for a cheap unit?

Thanks for the help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    838.7 KB · Views: 267
Also look at Uriah's IR remote control kit. He has a PCB / kit that will do exactly what you want. It was made for LDR control, or can also be used directly on the analog signal if using a split +/-2.5v supply. But in your case - to set the voltage on LDRs - it just needs a simple 5v supply.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.