IXFH32N50

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have a number of these IXFH32N5032A power transistors and I am looking to build a regulated supply to drive a LM3886 x3or4 parallel monoblocks.

Would these be suitable to carry the current from an LM317/337 dual polarity supply?
How could I go about implementing them?
Would I just drop them in for the transistor on a standard LM3*7 dual polarity supply schematic?

Thanks

These power transistors are high performance 500V switching MOSFET with ultrafast body diodes, there are better things to do with them like primary switching in SMPS or even class D output stages (at kw level). They are scarce too, not easy to find. You could try to sell them to somebody really needing them first (ebay or forum swap meet) and buy suitable transistors for a low voltage linear regulator.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
I have six used ones and probably more coming.
I would love to build a 1kw Class D project if that is what they are suitable for.
I don't know what kind of market there is for used power transistors but digikey has them in stock for $20 each.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.