Just picked up another OHP on ebay...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just picked a MH OHP, and was wondering two things:

First, Is it worth setting up a good OHP / bad OHP thread, or table like has been done with panels. It seems from my experience that not all OHP's are created equal, even if they use the same lamps.

Second, it started to get discussed on one or two other threads, but I never saw a definitive conclusion, many MH OHP's seem a lot brighter than the best of the halogens around if you just turn them on, side by side. But as soon as you plonk an LCD panel on top of both, the difference in performance has been reported as "marginally better".
It was contended at the time, that this was becuase the MH OHP was one of the side-lamp mounted designs, with a 45 degree mirror reflecting the light up, rather than the centre-bottom mounted traditional design with condensor lens.

So in people's experience, is there much of a difference between the performance of these two types of design.
I stated in a thread elsewhere that I bought a 575W MH OHP some time ago, and was VERY disappointed with a very marginal indeed improvement over my 4000 lumens halogen. I was expecting amazing brightness.
I am now about to take delivery of a Geha TopVision S600E plus, which claims 12,000 lumens, and is centre-bottom mounted with condensor lens, and flip-in zoom magnifier..........should I expect to be dazzled????? I hope so.

Hi there Henrik Mork, do you still have the 575w MH OHP?

As you weren't that impressed would you be willing to part with it if you stil have it?

P.s. Yeah, it would eb a really good idea to start a GOOD/BAD OHP thread, that way people that have butchered their OHP could at least say how good or not the optics are on a certain ohp which may help the rest of us currently searching for a decent set of optics ourselves...

Cheers.

mmm..

Yeah, I noticed one or two people, are experimenting with different types of condensor lens - and I saw a recent debate over the benefits of triplet lenses over singlet - (are there any?)

BTW, I passed along the OHP to a friend who offered to buy it from me...that was 2 months ago, and I have yet to see any cash!
I will give him a sharp reminder when I see him tomorrow. If he doesn't look like coming through, I will repo' it and auction it.
In case you're interested:
Nobo 699
575W/95V HMI SE
Objective arm folds down - integral carrying handle
Compact base (only about 180mm high)
Estimated bulb use so far - about 150 hours ... (600 + hours remaining??)

Yeah....

I got the Panaflat from ebay - looking for a cheap model...also scared off a bit by people saying 15" is a little to large.

You might have seem the one that I won. It was listed as "cracked screen, no PSU". I got it for £16.00, so I'm not too fussed if I accidently destroy it whilst dismantling it!
The crack turned out to be light surface damage on the external skin of the monitor screen. The PSU was a slight problem, but I swapped out the non-standard barrel connector for a 2.5mm standard one from Maplin for 79p.
Now I use an old laptop PSU that I had lying about the place.

Still not really had the time to get into this project, but I'll keep you updated when I do.

nobo projectors????

I have just bought a nobo 2500d and I can't find any information on it. I'm using it in conjunction with a proxima ovation 810 panel. The images it projects are just about watchable. I'm assuming it is a 250w halogen but i have no information on its light output/ I am having real difficulty in locating reasonably chep metal halide projectors or a least a bright halogen. I have tried eBay and have scourred google to no avail. Can you recommend any ohps i should keep my eyes open for? Thank you.

Arnold_the_cat

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.