• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FE167E MLTLs in the UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up for sale in the UK, 1 pair of Mass Loaded Transmission Lines with modified Fostex FE167E 6 1/2in full-range drivers. The cabinets are of my own design, & were also modelled in Martin King's MathCAD software; they're solid down to 40Hz.

The drivers have been tweaked with a one-off set of Planet10 phase-plugs, and I've applied some damping paint to the frame. The rear of the cone has also been lightly stiffened.

Cabinet material is baltic birch ply, with a doubled front baffle and pine edges, French-polished, then waxed. They were built by my friend Ed, who is one of the best cabinet-makers I know, and who has written several articles on speakers he has built for Hifi World. 47in x 8.25in x 14in (HxWxD). The only reason I'm selling them is that I've just inherited a large piece of furniture, and unfortunately, they no longer fit. :^(

They're forgiving WRT amplification -SETs, SS of different types, you name it. I vary between a First Watt F2 current source amp & a Rotel integrated at present; they're pictured below at an audio meet powered by a mate's GM70 monoblocks. The drivers have roughly 800 hours on them and are now (at last) fully run-in, and have been treated with the care they deserve.

Looking for £300ono -probably easiest if you contact me via my frugal-horn address which is scottmoose at frugal-horn dot com

Cheers for now
Scott

Attachments

• scott's.jpg
    scott's.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 203
Status
Not open for further replies.