WMTM drivers interposition

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
One estonian here again. Same:) So, I am planning my 3-ways. I have pretty much decided what drivers I am gonna use, but now is the time to do some homework, that the result will be excellent.

So, I wanna learn as much as possible, how to do awesome speakers.
So, I just was reading something about drivers interposition in MTM system. Mine is WMTM, so can you guys tell me something interposition also (MTM, because the woofer is not so important, I think), is there any rules, or how should I calculate it. Like, how many inches can be between M and M, and should all the drivers have to be on one line (vertically). So. I want to know all the aspects about positioning drivers.

Thank you guys.

The rule of thumb is you should be one wavelength from the center of the tweeter to the center of each midrange driver at crossover. So the mids centers are 2 W apart. All you do is figure out the wavelength at crossover and go from there. I have seen them with the Tweeter offset and centered in the array. I would run the MTM array on the driver centerlines but have the MTM array offset on the baffle to help minimize diffraction effects.

The Edge can help you with this and the baffle step as well

http://www.tolvan.com/edge/

Try running your drivers and see what works out the best for you. I have an MTM I am playing with now but the driver spacing and baffle size force it to be centered so I can't follow my own advice:xeye:

Rob:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.