Adding Vol Port to this LM3886 Circuit!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I would like to know how to add a vol port to this circuit!

I was think adding a 100k vol port on. Is that ok!

1) what value of the vol port is suitable for this circuit!
and how should I connect them up?

Cheers,
Frequency

Attachments

• lm3886 circuit.jpg
    lm3886 circuit.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 595
FREQUENCY said:
Hi all,

I would like to know how to add a vol port to this circuit!

I was think adding a 100k vol port on. Is that ok!

Is better to use a 10K or 20K volume pot , unless you have a valve output source (high impedance output) .

how should I connect them up?

The middle terminal of the pot , to the input 4,7 uF cap , one of the other terminal to the input ground and the other become the "new" input of the amplifier.

Cheers

hey, sivan_and

You mean the cap 0.1uf after 4.7uf cap should be less than 1Kpf.
(the 0.1uf cap before 1k resistor) or both the 0.1uf cap along the signal.

Sivan_and quote:

(The .1mfd capacitor in the signal path to ground will roll off much treble and the value should be reduced to less than 1Kpf.)

One more question: the port should be LINEAR type RIGHT!.

Thank All!

Cheers,
Frequency

FREQUENCY said:
hi siva_and,

I had not gone into the data sheet!

biased the mute pin will get the mute funtion???

what can the mute pin help by biasing them?
You connect the MUTE pin in order to get _any_ sound out of the amp. I would really recommend you to check the datasheet and look at "typical application". You have all info in the datasheet and the application note AN-1192. You have also mine and others LM3886 designs, lot's of them.

It's better if you read the documentation and try to understand as much as you can and ask us when you don't :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.