Hello from Yorkshire in the UK

Hi,

I've been registered for about a year so thought I should introduce myself.

I recently finished a Troels SBA 10 build, which was my first step into DIY (well, following instructions on someone else's build). It was a real challenge due to having no experience in woodwork or soldering. I now have lots of different tools I am reasonably competent in using. I've had "decent" speakers before from Rega but listening to the Troels was the first time I properly understood what "holographic", "lifelike" and "soundstage" really means when listening to music, they are remarkable. My source is digital and I power them with an old rega brio amp. The SBA10 were intended to be to be my last pair of speakers.

Anyway, I just purchased the linkwitz Lxmini with Ncore amps and the Nelson Pass AAC. These are controlled by an old meridian 501 pre amp (the one with the huge remote). I think the Lx may be better than the Troels in some ways. They are absolutely incredible. They took a while to set up (contrary to what I read about these being easy to place etc), but I absolutely love them.

I listen to mostly digital source from computer / tablet with an entry level "dacmagic" (I'm a bit skeptical about dacs).

I use a project rpm5 tt also with a goldring 1042 (I couldnt honestly say it sounds any better than my ipad).

I think my next step is to build my own speakers from scratch, which is a bit daunting (and improve my woodwork!).

I have pretty eclectic listening tastes and will listen to almost anything if it's good and has some passion.

Happy to help and contribute in any way I can.

Last edited: