Diy Subwoofer Amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm interested in building a DIY two channel, stereo, external subwoofer amplifier that can easily power up to two 12" subs at moderate listening levels. 200-300W RMS per channel? Balanced inputs would be nice.

I'll be using mDSP to integrate into my stereo system.

I'm looking for the ability to play around with different passive subwoofers in different enclosures mix and match with different speakers.

I've been looking at HypeX module's, icepower at PE, plus a ton of others and I have absolutely thoroughly confused myself.

I've never built an amplifier before so I would like something on the easier side, my electronic skills are limited to a few computer builds, a couple of sets of crossovers and general around the house/farm electrical work.

If anyone has any suggestions where to start, links to good proven designs, or any advice in general I am all ears.

Budget is around $500 or so, less would be great, more if necessary.

Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.