KKmoon TDA7492 questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello guys..

help would be much appreciated..

So I purchased the Kkmoon TDA7492 and struggling to understand..
1 - It reads 2x50Watts.. Is that peak power or RMS power? i can then go and get the appropriate speakers.
2 - It reads 10-25V.. how much current can this board handle without issues?
3 - curious about the aux port... It is not for lets say a mp3 player?
4 - last question I think... anyway to solder different buttons?

only the top 2 questions have any importance.

would be really greatful to clear this up as I have not found any answers..

thank you Snoogy

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
With a 24V supply you will get about 20 watts per channel before clipping - that's into 8 ohms.
How much current? 20Wx2 into 8 ohms means you'll need 2.2A to run full tilt into 8 ohms. A 3A or 4A power supply will be plenty. If your speakers are 4 ohms, you'll need more current.

the data sheet reads
50 W + 50 W continuous output power at 6 ohm 25 V
40 W + 40 W continuous output power at 8 ohm 25 V

dont know if that helps any.. I still dont know if i should be looking for speakers holding this wattage as Peak power or RMS.

also sir please explain how you worked out the current as I have been told it is voltage x wattage = current? no explanation on how ohms work..

thank you again

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
You are misunderstanding current. You could connect this amplifier to a 100 Amp power supply, and it would only ever draw as much current as it needs. It is not going to be running at 100A all the time just because the power supply can deliver it.
Just because you earn $100K a year does not mean you have to spend $100K a year. :)

To figure out how much current you need, use Ohm's law. Please see post #2 above.

I am very grateful for your help sir.. I am learning everyday as this most definitely is not my field.. forgive me if my questions are stupid.. I had a bad experience recently when buying the TDA7492p off eBay plugging in power to test it just to see the board go up in smoke and pop a cap.. since then I have been cautious to say the least.. thank you very much for your help..

Grateful..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.