What can I do with 2 AMP (nope not monos) ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you have a Subwoofer. If yes, then one of the amp can be used to drive it after making a bridging circuit as on Rod's site.

If the amps are same model, you can make two bridging circuits and use both.

Gajanan Phadte

Hi. Thanks! Actually I was hoping for a cabling/connection solution rather than a circuit. Especially considering these are "dangerous" original naim 250 amps.

What about wiring like this is there any reason this wouldn't work for me? Passive biamping either vertical or horizontal. Thanks.

av2day.com Blog Archive Bi-amping: Vertical vs horizontal

4channels can drive two 2way speakers (passive) bi-amping using the passive crossovers in the speakers.

Or 2channels for normal stereo and 2channels driving separated bass only speakers, requiring a crossover to band limit the stereo and the bass only.

The link in post3 mentions "vertical bi-amping"
Locate one stereo amplifier right at the back of the 2way speaker and use VERY SHORT speaker cables to connect together. Typically 2' (~600mm) are too long. Locate the other stereo amplifier at the back of the other speaker.

This will require long interconnects from your volume controller and require the cables to be driven by a lowish source impedance.
A B1, or DCB1 will fit this duty.
There are dozens of other competent Buffers to drive long interconnects on this Forum.

Last edited:
4channels can drive two 2way speakers (passive) bi-amping using the passive crossovers in the speakers.

Or 2channels for normal stereo and 2channels driving separated bass only speakers, requiring a crossover to band limit the stereo and the bass only.

The link in post3 mentions "vertical bi-amping"
Locate one stereo amplifier right at the back of the 2way speaker and use VERY SHORT speaker cables to connect together. Typically 2' (~600mm) are too long. Locate the other stereo amplifier at the back of the other speaker.

This will require long interconnects from your volume controller and require the cables to be driven by a lowish source impedance.
A B1, or DCB1 will fit this duty.
There are dozens of other competent Buffers to drive long interconnects on this Forum.

Thanks Andrew. Also to answer ganjaman... no sub just a pair of biwireds, no sub needed.

Andrew being Scottish I bet you can tell me even more! What I have is 2 of the first few nap250's out of the factory. They were hand delivered to my parents and setup by Ivor (full triamps,naxo,pms briks etc.) Now I'm working only with the two amps, different speakers (but same KEF bass and mids.,)and NAC32.5

Sooo.... from what I make out I'd be asking for trouble feeding the naps with a different pre (due to bandwidth limiting/filtering) Combine this with the naps need for longish cables for induction following your idea would be asking for trouble no? thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.