whats best SBC with 8ch I2S plus possibly 6ch DSD for media playback + sil9135 info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi,
im looking for a single board computer for modifying an av receiver with possable 8 ch I2S and 6 ch native DSD audio data streams i with to tap into directly from the SBC system,
im just not shore what my choices are so any advice at all please,
ideally with dsd audio out and I2c plus rs232 TTL and some GPIO pin's

can the beaglebone black output 8ch of I2S and 6ch of DSD audio please or what about the Olimex boards like the CubieiBoard Olinuxino or any other possibilities please ?

Silicon Image Sil9135
plus can anyone help point out the where about of "SiI 9135 Programmers Reference Guide (SiI-PR-0042) " pdf file as google dont seem to be able to find me a copy as its the Sil9135 chip that the I2s Bus in question comes from so i really need to look into and know what I2c data if any it send's back and forth to the av receivers MCU when receiving a hdmi signal with different audio setup's, such as number of channel's and bit rate/sample rates
an info regarding this chip would be a huge help so please

thanks

plus im also thinking about just getting any possible I2S source with a master clock (mclk) as cheaply as possible just to use as a proof of concept to help get everything basically working first,
so what would be my cheapest option's in the UK for a multi channel I2S source like a usb to I2S bridge from a uk supplier if possible, or anyone in uk selling anything second had i could use/modify please

as any advice what so ever would be gratefully received

thanks

for a single board computer with full bit-perfect audio playback with 8 channel's of I2S plus master clock i settled for getting a Cubietruck as if all else fail's i can use the toslink and/or take full control over the dac's with both I2S and SPI and make the amp's MCU think its decoding an incoming spdif signal or another 7.1 DIY DAC and use the multi-channel 7.1 analog input just it would be nice to have the choice of using the DSP's its just if that's possible
ps, what dose everyone think please ? would it be really worth the expense of buying a I2S Re-clocking board or is there any other way of making one or using a cheap-ish dev board or any other option's or help, pls leave a post,
as im a young and not someone with grands to spend on sumething to just listen to music through so please, any help at all and advise on cheap-ish options i can get here in UK and build/make/modify upon and have the best possible sound quality i can out what iv got to hand and afford
thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.