• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Thoughts on rectifiers for the SSE?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've been rolling different rectifiers in my SSE. jj5ar4, RCA 5u4gb, RCA 5y3gt. and I just picked up a used 5u4G of unknown pedigree, in an ST envelope.

I realized recently the 5u4 exceeds my transformer's (XPWR035-120) current rating, by one amp. But I love the look of the ST shaped bottle. Any thoughts suggestions on alternatives. An ST shaped bottle that will give a B + similar to the 5u4. any one try a 274B? Or should I just run the 5u4 even though the tube is rated 3 amps and the transformer is 2 amps on the 5 volt winding?

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.