Help me pick a woofer!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am trying to figure out a good replacement woofer for my Realistic (don't laugh) T-200 cabs. I am just having a helluva time trying to find the OEM drivers so I figure I would go after'mkt. The originals are 10",16 Ohm, & two woofers in each cab in parallel...no Xover. There are only 1st order caps on the squakker and tweeter.
The boxes have a rated volume of 2.12 Ft(3).

I was looking at these from MCM MCM Audio Select 10'' Polypropylene Woofer | 55-1215 (551215) | MCM Audio Select which has a Qts. of .53. I also was looking at these from PE: Dayton Audio DC250-8 10" Classic Woofer 295-315 which have a Qts. of .45 which, if I am correct in my thinking, are decent enough numbers for a sealed cab. I realize that these are 8 Ohms but I was going to be driving these with a good amp that is 4 Ohm stable so I am not really worried about the change of impedance. They have 4 Ohm versions which I can wire in series if I want to keep the 8 Ohms in the config but I will be giving up some Db's.
I saw some woofers from Seismic Audio that are 16 Ohms but they are geared more towards guitar amps.
Anyway,
Am I close?

Thanx!

Bud

with no xover on the woofers, you'd need drivers with a smooth roll off,
you'll also need woofers with sensitivity equal to or higher than the mids & tweeter

Model your two choices in Unibox & see with works better, You could even port those boxes if that works better with woofer you choose
(& take the opportunity to add a better xover...?)

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.