Mission 737r restoration... need help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I bought a pair of Mission 737r without original transducer. I am (almost) sure that mine is second version cause grey baffle (serial is 317747). I would know if somebody could tell me brand/model of tweeter and woofer that originally fitted this speakers. In attachments some picture. Please help.

Thank you

Elio

Attachments

• 100_4199.JPG
    100_4199.JPG
    174 KB · Views: 325
  • 100_4198.JPG
    100_4198.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 451
  • 100_4195.JPG
    100_4195.JPG
    411.6 KB · Views: 398
Hi, since I have not original woofer, I can just measure the place where transducer is housed. This is about 21,2 cm. I spent this sunday afternoon searching on the web for further information. I am pretty sure that Mission770 uses same mid/bass unit and, probably, the same tweeter. Somewhere I read that a good replacement for Mission 770 woofer is Vifa P21W0-20. Concerning hf unit, you're right because tweeter was produced by Vifa. There are some offered on the web, similar by shape but I don't know by specifications. However, all of these tweeters seem derive from the line of Vifa D19 (a Mission replacement sould be R 761-HFU-D19). I am still working to understand more. I will contact Mission Electronics for information but I can't now because Mission website work well just in Windows & I.E.! I am a Linux user...

Thank for you kind help

Elio

Hi, thank you for your information. I think that H225 Seas fitted first version of Mission 737r. Are you so kind to tell me something about brand / model of 8'' polypropylene woofer (...probably the same of Mission 770)? It's really strange, but contact form on Mission Electronics website doesn't work with any O.S.!!! Really crazy!

Did you succeed?

15 yrs ago I restored a pair of 737Rs (with the silver baffle).
The Seas 19 mm tweeter is a cheapo with plastic dome. Use at least it's
fabric dome brother instead. The Seas P21 RE-M comes with a much bigger
magnet compared to the genereric Seas P21 (sold as W210 NP in Germany).
Nevertheless these standard chassis run fine with the 737R's crossover. Just
modify the bass reflex port. It will require at least twice the length.
I didn't expect it to be that simple. Even more, Linn ceramic dome tweeters
also run fine with the Mission's crossover. Used Linn tweeters are quite easy
to obtain.

These loudspeakers have been one of the most enjoyable I ever had. :)

Hi friends,
sorry for my long silence but my employment (I am an IT consultant) brings me abroad often. Well, My Mission 737r, thank to your advices, are now back full operating. I bought original tweeters on a private bid found on eBay UK (used but in good shape and in perfect working order). I found a pair of polypropylene woofers derived from other Mission loudspeakers (I am not sure about model ) that well fitted in 737 cabinet. I found these woofers on "Subito" an italian web site. These 737 sound good if you consider their age. Mid-bass more evident than high frequency and super high absolutely missing. Wide scene and good rhythm. I gave as a gift my Mission to my nephew who lives in Barcelona (Spain). I will ask him for some pictures to show here. Thanks again for your help.

My next restoration is concerning a Pioneer PL-514. A cheap but good turntable.

Best regards and merry Christmas to whole of you

Elio

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.