determining Left Right and GND within HU?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all I'm new to the DIY scene but last weekend I decided to take apart my wife's HU to wire in an aux input. It was a very simple undertaking, but this week I am attempting to do the same to my vehicle but whereas the L R and GND wires were clearly lab led on her stock Hyundai head unit, the PCB on my Pontiac is completely blank. I am trying to figure out the best way to determine which wire is which on the ribbon so I can solder into them. Is there any way to do this?

Thanks but I'm actually looking for either the internal schematic for the head unit itself or a way to test and figure out what wires are carrying left right and ground on the ribbon cable running from the actual CD player module itself to the printed circuit board for the head unit. Since the ribbon cable is the only physical connection from CD player to head unit it inevitably must carry l r and gnd I just can't figure out which wires are carrying these signals. Its a head unit made by delco model number 15919055 if anyone knows where to find this information. But if there's a way to test and determine it myself then that's a route I'm willing to take

Find or make a test CD with sound in one channel at a time Get a portable amplifier of some sort (like a guitar practice amp), connect input common to ground, and use the input (insulated) to probe the ribbon cable. With the gain up, you should be able to pick up the audio signal by capacitive coupling.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.