Buzzing Amp/subwoofer issue

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So i got a JBL cs300.1 Amp and was exited to hookup my sub. Well i connected everything up correctly (so i think) and when i turned the head unit on, the sub was making a loud buzz / quiet, fast popping and the power lights on it were flashing fast. I disconnected the sub, and the amp itself was making the buzzing noise with flashing lights. Disconnected RCA and same thing. The ground is fine, RCA cables/remote on opposite of power cable...I'm stumped! Unless the amp needs repair. i have some pics too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

^^^^IS THIS MY PROBLEM???

Last edited:
i'm trying to see where that liquid came from. if the previous owner had it in storage, it verry well could have worked last time he used it. depending on what that liquid was, it could be corrosive over time, or conductive, or from a cap that is no longer good. it is probably going to need to be cleaned off before testing the amp

try powering the amp thru small 10-15 amp fuse and post what does it do

do you mean use smaller fuses? I have two 25 amp fuses in it. It was getting power just not sending sound to the sub-woofer, just the buzzing. It wants to run, it turns on just starts buzzing. The missing ''R48'' in the last photo couldn't be the problem??

Thanks for the replies

Power it up through a single 10-15 amp fuse. If the fuse blows, you need to check the output transistors. One may be shorted.

If you haven't done so and want to repair the amp yourself, read the entire Basic Amp Repair page (link in sig line below), even the parts that you don't think are important.

The resistor was likely not installed. If it would have heated enough to desolder itself, the board would be darkened under it. If it would have been ripped out, the legs would likely have remained in the board.

No the empty resistor spot might be like this from the factory.try to clean the spill on the board .install 1 10-15 amp fuse instead of the 25 amp ones.like this u limit the current thru the amp and hopefully preventing further damage.Did u just purchased this amp ??

So i hooked it up again today but, not with a 15 amp fuse, I used a 25 amp fuse. I turned on my head unit, went to the amp, it had power, but was making the buzzing noise with the lights blinking erratically, And then the fuse blew after about 20 sec. and it turned off. I did not have the sub hooked up to the amp and volume was low.

some one sold u a lemon.Read Perry's basic amp repair pages once done if u have a digital mulitimeter test all power/output transistors for bad ones u most likely have some.If its a high pitch "hissing noise " its most likely blown capacitor witch will explain the fluid leaked on the board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.