B&K 2833 DMM Help Needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have one of these B&Ks I bought new a number of years ago. It works very well but the display is starting to have dim segments. It's a good enough meter (4.5 digit, true RMS) to at least consider repairing. Does anyone know a good repair shop (or individual) for that sort of thing. I suspect it needs a new display and I don't have time to deal with the diagnosis and repair.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

I wonder if your B&K is suffering the same problem that the 80 series Fluke have. If so it's easy to fix. On Flukes you open the case, pop off the display, pull the polymer strip out, clean both sides of the polymer strip, the backside of the LCD display and the pads on the PCB. Re-assemble & they're good as new. It may be worth trying this with your meter.

I wonder if your B&K is suffering the same problem that the 80 series Fluke have. If so it's easy to fix. On Flukes you open the case, pop off the display, pull the polymer strip out, clean both sides of the polymer strip, the backside of the LCD display and the pads on the PCB. Re-assemble & they're good as new. It may be worth trying this with your meter.

Thanks - I'll check it out.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.