Active filtered Neopro5i, PHL1120, TD12S

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This new thread is about designing proper enclosures and proper analog active filters for an audiophile system designed around the famous :

Fountek Neopro5i : wide bandwith ribbon tweeter
PHL Audio PHL1120 : high SPL midrange
AEspeakers TD12S : high excursion wide bandwith woofer

I will design and propose a few active + passive filters basing on a LTspiceIV simulation of the transducers, taking their individual Bode plots in consideration when mounted in their enclosures.

For this process getting a chance to succeed, you need to help me providing reliable and verified info :
- the manufacturer datasheets including the claimed T/S parameters
- the free air impedance plot made using audioTester or any equivalent gear, using the added mass method
- the gain/phase Bode plot at 1 meter distance using ww.audiotester.de or any equivalent gear
- the mechanical drawings showing the acoustic centres, for determining the relative acoustic centre offsets, for compensating the delay using a mechanical method or for compensating the delay using an analog delay line in the tweeter.

At the end of the day we'll see if those filters can be implemented in digital domain, using a Behringer DCX2496 or some more flexible gear.

Cheers,
Steph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.