dynaco pat 4 parts list, capacitor question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i have the original parts list for this amp i noticed that the capacitors aren't all rated for voltage. there are 29 of them in the list and only a small number of them are listed with a given voltage rating. for example, C2 is listed as 100 pf with no voltage rating.

if i want to replace the old ones, how do i know which ones to purchase. there are mustard and orange drop caps each with the same capacitance but with different voltage ratings. how do i know which ones to purchase?

thanks
chris

The parts list shows voltages only for electrolytic capacitors. Since the PAT4 operates on a maximum of 38 volts +20% (45.6 volts), all the film and ceramic capacitors can be replaced with parts rated at 50 volts or more (except for C28).

so it really just depends on how much physical space there is to fit the component? the mustard caps, for example, are smaller than the orange drops.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.