BIB question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok, so to me the BIB design seems like a back-loaded, folded horn. The position of the driver (Zdriver parameter) is not at the complete throat of the horn, whose lenght is ½FS. So what does the 0.217 Zdriver ratio relate to?

And is it possible to reverse the design upside down so the mouth of the horn points towards the floor, assuming I would keep it above the floor just enough?

Thanks!

I know it's a monster thread, but I believe that they want all BiB questions in the BIB thread.

AFAIK the .217 Ratio is used for proper control of the half-wave resonance. Yes you can flip it (then it's called an I-BIB or inverted BIB.) A lot of people have done this and all the information is in the BIB thread. Basically you make an opening in the bottom rear equal to the original mouth area. Some have gone with a diagonal opening also. When doing an IBIB, you can use a ratio of .416(Line) to keep the driver near ear level. This is mostly done with the higher tuned ones (100~70HZ or so.)

Check the main thread for the full story.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.