Noob help - need solid state reading

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have spent around a decade reading everything I can find on valve amplifiers, but I'm no snooooob and wish to learn more about this thing you call 'solid state'.

Specifically, I'm interested in learning about the pro's and con's of BPJ / MOS / JFET in different places, why people like some over the others. I have a basic understanding of what the actual differences are between the devices, how they're made, why they were made, but not why and how people select them for certain tasks based on sound and performance.

Does anyone know of some sites that discuss things like component selection for solid state? It seems much easier to find valve based amp reading since the solid state domain is dominated by commercial amplifiers (not for audio), digitally mystical computers and other such none audio based but fundamentally solid state devices that have volumes of literature featuring their name.

Anything will do, reasonable opinions, device comparisons and such. I mean, there must be specific fets that people like for example.

Mucho gracias amigos!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.