Sony PCM-R300 Dat Service Manual???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Anyone have a service manual for a SONY PCM-R300 DAT deck. the worst dat deck ever made????

There are two ssprings for the loading mech that fell out when the loading tray fell out, yes thats right, fell out and i need to know where they go and how they go back in.....

Zc

Except for that loader, the PCM-R300/500 are actually decent decks. Those springs are very easy to re-install, but it's hard to explain, and the manual exploded view doesn't show them at all. I'll try- The metal bracket that holds the plastic cassette holder has a projection on either side. The middle of each spring goes on that, one end of each goes against that plate & the other end goes against the little nub on each top edge side of the plastic holder. That's about as well as I can describe it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the transport mech. when i got it. the loading tray had come off its pivot points and fallen into the deck.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

On either side here there is a pivot point. basically a screw head that rides in these ovals in the metal. there are two springs. that where on those pivot points when i got the deck. but the tray binds against those springs when it slides in or out. I am guessing those springs were not supposed to go on the pivot points.

Also note, that the springs are two different colors. presumably different strengths. the black one was on the left and the silver on the right. the previous owner of the deck may not have put them back into the correct spots....

If you could. maybe you can use these photos to explain how they go back together. or PM me your phone info and i will call and maybe you can walk me through it....

Thanks

Zc

In your second picture, the inward-going tab below the red arrow is the where the barrel of the spring goes. The tab abve the arrow is where the upper & outer spring arm goes. The projection of the plastic loader that fits into the same metal bracket, right below the upper tab, is where the other, inner arm of the spring goes. I don't recall which one goes on which side. If I recall, due to the location/orientation of the spring "arms", they can only go on the proper place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.