|14th September 2015, 06:08 AM||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2009
Blog Entries: 2
R2R Shunt Volume with 3 selectable sources
HQ-R/2R VOLUME Technical Specifications:
– low tolerance 0.1% R-2R network with melf resistors ( resistors in parallel produce a pure resistor).
– attenuation in 64 steps - each step 1dB
– Input resistance ranges from 20k to 47K for a Rload of 47K.
– Output resistance ranges from 22K to 47K.
– 3 selectable inputs with option to edit input name
– one direct input
– display back-light programmable On/Off - if Off timeout 10s
- 20X 4 display characters for wide view
– tube menu for delaying plate voltage
- 3-modules design: Powers Supply (PS), Control and Display Unit (CDU), Relay Module (RM) in SE or Balanced modification.
-Volume attenuation by rotating optical encoder or from IR remote control.
- Input selection by rotating optical encoder or from IR remote control
- Display auto dimming with adjustable brightness level
- ONE open collector outputs for power On/Off and tube plate delay
- Main AC power on/off control
– AC power consumption, Max. 6W.
Special : The avoidance of clicks is the major improvement with respect to my original attenuator design of several years back.
in most of the design volume -32db relay at transition to -31dB, the relay volume 64 steps are emitting huge sound in the speakers, causing discomfort, not safe for the system.
I definitely settle this phenomenon, therefore, very smooth transition Volume and sound great.
This link for Video of Volume: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9QEZduZavs
this complete module assembled including the aluminium remote at 250$ + shipping.
please see some other designs:
The δ1 relay-based R-2R stereo attenuator
Audio Volume Relay Attenuator with IR Control
VC-03 Volume Control
Group buy DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board
update 06/14/2013 :http://www.audiodesignguide.com/DAC32/index2.html
Last edited by quanghao; 14th September 2015 at 06:41 AM.
|27th November 2015, 03:58 AM||#2|
Join Date: Sep 2010
This seems to be a good option for my GM preamp clone, what is the size of the LCD display? I have a Chassis but I want to know if the display will fit on the front panel.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Vicol Audio R2R Volume controller Builds||aradan||Analog Line Level||5||6th July 2015 06:12 PM|
|R2R ladder ADC ... any links/sources?||gentlevoice||Digital Source||14||29th May 2015 02:57 PM|
|R2R/Shunt volume controller; Quasar amplifier; Silver-Gold interconnect||tvicol||Vendor's Bazaar||3||27th June 2011 07:40 AM|
|GB for R2R audio volume / input selection pcb||danzup||Group Buys||147||22nd May 2011 05:42 PM|
|Shunt volume controll (scaling the shunt resistors)||Freddie||Solid State||7||30th August 2001 10:47 PM|
|New To Site?||Need Help?|