• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END 24 (AD1865 NOS DAC )

I'm planing to build converter by myself.
So I'm looking for Kit DAC, transformer, Amanero and PCB IV.

Hi!
The price:

1. Kit DAC-24 +USB + Transformer on board ( without Chip AD1865 )= 350$

2. PCB IV = 30 $

3. shipping= 40 $ by DHL or FedEx

thanks

Attachments

• PCB IV.jpg
    PCB IV.jpg
    378.1 KB · Views: 782
  • Pin 9A.jpg
    Pin 9A.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 764
Last edited:
Also, which is the best sounding model (more high end) between Dac End 24 or HQ Reference DAC ES9018 with LL1684 ?
Can you also let me know the prices for finished models?

DAC 24 with natural sound and closer.

In particular, the singer's voice is very inspiring and seductive, rustic, authentic!

DAC 32 with detailed sound, very high level and balance, music very accurate!

I assumed, probably incorrectly that connecting the 3.3V jumper on the DAC END 24 board enabled power to Amanero. The USB power is not connected because when shutting the DAC 24 board off the selector lights are still on. Don't know if this helps

By the way I have connected the DAC End 24 to the output circuit of DAC End 2 (E182CCs with Adamas yellow led mod and associated PSU) - sounds really nice

I have received the DAC-End 24, it sounds really good.

Them I added 2nd AD1865 chip to the board on top of the 1st AD1865 chip making them paralelled, it sounds even better, it can drive my pre-amp directly without tube output stage.

Now I like DAC-END 24 better than my ESS9018 with output transformers.

Regards

Really interesting
Did you just solder pin to pin?

I did NOT parallel the following pins because they are the not used in the design or related to the OPAMP inside DAC:

Pin: 2,3,22,23,6,7,8,17,18 & 19

The 1st AD1865 chip is in the original socket on the board.
I did not solder the 2nd AD1865 chip, I just put 2nd chip on top of the 1st chip, like a stack, with the above not connected pins free on the 2nd chip.

Happy modding.