• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2 - group 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Quanghao,
The eagle has landed, thanks!
Unfortunately C98 SMT cap is detached from it's place (floating seems to be coming from 2nd PSU) even though package looks properly packed. 4 black plastic rods pushing the buttons seems could not securely attach to the holes as I can see crack plastics to the tip. Though, 1 is good.
Is C98 critical? Else, could be difficult for me to solder this bug.

Hi Quanghao,
The eagle has landed, thanks!
Unfortunately C98 SMT cap is detached from it's place (floating seems to be coming from 2nd PSU) even though package looks properly packed. 4 black plastic rods pushing the buttons seems could not securely attach to the holes as I can see crack plastics to the tip. Though, 1 is good.
Is C98 critical? Else, could be difficult for me to solder this bug.

hi!

what is wrong with you?

ok, i can hepl you now !

thanks

Quanghao

Please take me off your list (name:Tim St Ruth). We have already agreed that due to unforseen circumstances, I am unable to pay the remaining amount and you have agreed to refund my initial payment of US$625 when you have the funds to pay me back.

Regards

Tim St Ruth (marcus1)

you please help me!

Please answer my letter, and please help me, because you have the list below.

I finished dac for you!
1. Tim St Ruth
2. Reins
3. Vladimir Bazelkov
4. Debianx.

Please contact me.
Thanks!
Quanghao.

1. Why did not you did the right thing amanero isolator USB?
2. Can you fix it yourself?
3. Is it possible to replace amanerohttp://www.diyinhk.com/shop/audio-kits/69-isolated-xmos-dsd-dxd-384khz-high-quality-usb-to-i2sdsd-pcb-with-ultralow-noise-regulator.html#/xmos_option-xmos_псб to DAC was in isolation from the USB?

DAC experience

I got my DAC now several weeks ago and wanted to tell about my experience.
First of all the DAC with Lundahl output transformers does sound very well but not better than a Buffalo III from Twisted Pear. Only with this DAC here I could get a ready chassis which was with scratched front plate and jammed power switch first of all. In the meantime I got replacement for that.
The second reason for buying this DAC was, that I wanted to get access to all parameters of the ESS chip. But you get no documentation at all with this DIY kit.
I asked many, many times to get a layout for the main board and all the jumpers on it. No response from anybody...

After this is not a cheap DAC I only can recommend to buy better from Twisted Pear. Quality is better, sound is equal and you get full documentation for what you buy!

I got my DAC now several weeks ago and wanted to tell about my experience.
First of all the DAC with Lundahl output transformers does sound very well but not better than a Buffalo III from Twisted Pear. Only with this DAC here I could get a ready chassis which was with scratched front plate and jammed power switch first of all. In the meantime I got replacement for that.
The second reason for buying this DAC was, that I wanted to get access to all parameters of the ESS chip. But you get no documentation at all with this DIY kit.
I asked many, many times to get a layout for the main board and all the jumpers on it. No response from anybody...

After this is not a cheap DAC I only can recommend to buy better from Twisted Pear. Quality is better, sound is equal and you get full documentation for what you buy!

The same experience.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.