• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Use the header block which is provided to connect an Amanero board. Pin assignment is as per the Amanero spec sheet -
3 I2S DATA / DSD1
4 I2S BCLK / DSD CLK
5 I2S FSCLK / DSD2

Use the pins on the opposite side of the header block for grounds - 13, 14, 15.

Alternatively, in front of the Amanero header block are 10 holes, in 2 rows of 5. These carry the same connections, but in a different order:
2 BCLK
3 DATA1
4 DATA2 (FSCLK)

If you solder a header here, you can use a standard ribbon cable/plug assembly for connection, and this pin order is more likely to match other I2S output devices, than the Amanero pin order does.

Ok, I tried this connection. I took out Amanero and connect the I2S from my source as described. No Lock, No sound, then I connect a 3.3v to the pin where amanero says 3.3v in it, and it works, now the question is, is there a way where I dont have to provide this 3.3v? maybe a jumper on the board itself, where the board will provide the 3.3v?

Quanghao, can you provide some explanation on this one?

Alex

Hi guys, can you please share with your JRiver setup for V2 Guang Hao DAC. Can’t set it right on last released player version for Win. Or it is plays PCM 44.1 fine or DSD up to 256. Can’t find final setting witch accommodates both. V2 DAC online setup instructions are outdated since they are applicable for quite old JRiver player. Images will be very helpful. Thank you in advance.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.