• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board - version 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
2. bsy020 - Option 6 full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer output
3. Abszero!
4. Gugi 100 (dacboard, output board, chassis)
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. flocchini - option 9 without any output stage (1+3+4+5 assembled). I already purchased LL1684 board and will add it myself
8. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
9. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
10. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
11. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
12. Sugden (option 9) Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
13. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
14. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
15.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
16.Gergar- (option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
17.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
18. Losflacos (Option 6) full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer (240VAC) + remote control
19. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
20. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
21. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
22. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
23. ruteksen (option 2 + 5) -> output stage + amanero

Hello,
I just could have sit and set it in this weekend. It's my first DAC, and I've upgraded from motherboard soundcard so I will comment mostly on usage side. And I also agree with comments of good DAC perceptions.
It feels like the time of my upgrading from CRT monitor to IPS panel. I'm using 1:30 transformer output with 4.7 Ohm bridged to Gnd from +,- of DAC, in balaced mode out. Amanero input. Usb cable's power line is covered with a tape. Yamaha Hs50m monitors. Foobar and Jriver is used, getting difficulties on DSD playback in Foobar, tips and tricks advices are appreciated. Still exploring Foobar and Windows settings.
Without jumpers (in V-out mode) it's output delivers a little more dB, but didn't compare or AB test it. Now using it with jumpers on (I-out mode).
I can say there isn't any unlock problem as fluorescent light in the room (of old building) flickered till burnt, and no unlock during :)
Even youtube videos sound much better and that I didn't expected as. I also listened to flac 800 to 2700 kbps and DSD 64, 128. They are all more enjoyable and full, and also understood meaning of scene :)
Remote and on/off Lcd is very enjoyable. I was thinking I would enjoy a knob but remote it is really enjoyable at your seat, and turn off Lcd is saver for me who doesn't like many led lights etc. One thing about remote control; If you press SET while Lcd was shut-off with PWR before, you can't get it on by pressing PWR. Just press SET to quit settings and PWR to turn on Lcd. Also remote is really powerful.
Thank you Andrea and Quanghao for such a nice product. Not to forget, to Amanero, for soft mode to Glt and for transformer output to Joe Rasmussen and for testing to Caad, and to others...
Arda.

1. atterbud - Option 6 full DAC build with Super I/V output stage in place of standard
3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
6. feriandas - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
7. ivigueras: 1 + 2 + 3 (DAC, DD output stage, chassis)
8. Djauweh - Option 9 Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
10. bamarek - option 6 - complete assembled DAC with LL1684
11. Sugden (option 9) Complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
15.Gergar- (option 9) - complete Dac with LL1684 + 2 DD output + Op-amp output
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 6) full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer (240VAC) + remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
22. ruteksen (option 2 + 5) -> output stage + amanero

I have removed myself from the list - no reflection on this product, Quanghao builds great DACs

Hi all,
one more note about the feeding of the DAC with raspberry pi. In the meantime i received the hifiberry digi. With this intermediate stage the output until 192/24 is without problem. For me this is the solution for the near future. Nevertheless i am interested in a direct I2S input from the pi. If anyone succeeds in doing so, that would be very nice.

Greetings

Juergen

i am interested in a direct I2S input from the pi. If anyone succeeds in doing so, that would be very nice.
You have a rPi, and you have a DAC-END-R. Why not go ahead and try direct I2S yourself?

If configuring the rPi operating system manually, load the I2S drivers (modules) listed here -
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quanghao-audio-design/242700-dac-end-r-es9018-full-assembled-board-version-2-a-80.html#post3952839

Or if using Volumio, just set its menu to "Activate I2S Driver".
In either case, a reboot is then required.

Now connect rPi to the DAC-END-R's Amanero header, with the pin assignment I explained here -
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quanghao-audio-design/242700-dac-end-r-es9018-full-assembled-board-version-2-a-57.html#post3873682

Power up the rPi FIRST, then power up the DAC-END-R.

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
9. audiomusica - Complete set (option 1+2+3+4+5) assuming this makes a complete kit like option 6 but finally assembled on my own.
12. Nicos - DAC module + amanero + output stage + transformer + chassis (Complete set: Item 6)
13. mjensen (option 9) - complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage
14.ingemar (option 9)- complete assembled Dac with Lundahl LL1684 output stage(i need to bail out,sorry!!)
16.rolandong-Dac module (assembled & tested with all components) + Amanero module + Aluminum remote
17. Losflacos (Option 6) full DAC (standard output) + PCBs for Transformer (240VAC) + remote control
18. picknicker - option 1 + 5: (DAC module assembled and tested with all components + Amanero module) - please also add the metal remote
19. akltam (option 9) complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (230V) + remote control
20. Thom - Assembled kit without any output stage (1+3+4+5) + aluminium remote (I will use my own output stage).
21. Alexkosha (option 9) -> complete assembled DAC with Lundahl LL1684 output stage (115V) + Aluminum remote control
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle

I have removed myself from the list - no reflection on this product, Quanghao builds great DACs

3. Abszero!
5. smokingdog
23. mirza - option 9 completed & assembled DAC with LL 1684 - 230V, aluminium remote controle

that it good, thank all!
quanghao

Hi all,
one more note about the feeding of the DAC with raspberry pi. In the meantime i received the hifiberry digi. With this intermediate stage the output until 192/24 is without problem. For me this is the solution for the near future. Nevertheless i am interested in a direct I2S input from the pi. If anyone succeeds in doing so, that would be very nice.

Greetings

Juergen

why you need I2S from DAC, in DAC v2 have it, please see need the in put of Amanero USB
thanks

Attachments

• I2S DAC v2 out.jpg
    I2S DAC v2 out.jpg
    421.6 KB · Views: 373
Last edited:
Hi, Hao!

I've received the DAC yesterday.
You have done a great job, layout and especially remote are just excellent!

But my chassis arrived a bit damaged. The pack is OK, but the chassis itself has a couple of dents on the front and rear panels, see the attached pictures. Photos are captured on my phone, but anyway dents are visible.

Maybe you could send me a front plate and one side?
Thanks!

Daniil

Attachments

• Box.jpg
    Box.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 326
  • Front dent.jpg
    Front dent.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 320
  • Rear dent.jpg
    Rear dent.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 317
Hi, Hao!

I've received the DAC yesterday.
You have done a great job, layout and especially remote are just excellent!

But my chassis arrived a bit damaged. The pack is OK, but the chassis itself has a couple of dents on the front and rear panels, see the attached pictures. Photos are captured on my phone, but anyway dents are visible.

Maybe you could send me a front plate and one side?
Thanks!

ok, thanks

Daniil

Today I received the DAC (LL1684 outpiut stage). Nice work indeed! Much kudos to Andrea and Quanghao.
A first listening session was very promising. After a burn in period I'll perform a comparative listening session.

1) Where can I find the manual for the remote?
2) What do all those jumpers stand for?

Hi all,

Just got my DAC in today.
It's incredible!
Sound quality is great, and much better than every commercial offering I've heard to date (includes the DAC1/Dac1 pre, musical fidelity, etc.)
Build quality is also top-notch.

Thanks andrea/quanghao for an amazing DAC

I'm wondering what those DSP functions are for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.