• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
For change of bal to unbal and vica versa.
Press -s and +s on the frontpanel, at the same time.

1) I have compared now the code 58a and 64a but there is no difference in volume setting so both will work in the same mode

2) to set the default source after the switch-on enter in setting mode and press power/lcd botton to save this configuration

The volume is back after changing UnBal to Bal with the S-/S+ trick!
Thanks Andrea and caad.
The HiRes DSD on display just looks so cool!:)

Attachments

• dsd 256 512 dac-end r v64a.jpg
    dsd 256 512 dac-end r v64a.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 453
Here are the shipping rates for all,
Fedexl transfer, because I find shipping prices often cheaper than VNport not Fedexl and insecure.
I will declare the value as $ 50 to avoid import taxes for you!
invite you to check the price list, and for me full information in preparation for shipping next week. Thank you!

I paid $100 for the shipping!

I received the new DAC to day. Have not tried it yet, but it looks very nice - both the inside and outside.
There is one thing: the on/off light does not work when pushing the on/off switch. The display is ok, but not the small diode. Can I do anything about it?
I looked inside the DAC and the connections look ok. Anything i can measure to fix this?

What if anything happens? I mean how do you repair any broken part of this DAC?
Do I have to send it all the way to Vietnam and back to Norway?
That will cost a lot of money!

Kind regards,
Peter

I paid $100 for the shipping!

I received the new DAC to day. Have not tried it yet, but it looks very nice - both the inside and outside.
There is one thing: the on/off light does not work when pushing the on/off switch. The display is ok, but not the small diode. Can I do anything about it?
I looked inside the DAC and the connections look ok. Anything i can measure to fix this?

What if anything happens? I mean how do you repair any broken part of this DAC?
Do I have to send it all the way to Vietnam and back to Norway?
That will cost a lot of money!

Kind regards,
Peter

Hi..
There is NO on/off LED on the front panel of the DAC. The hole on the left side of the display is the IR receiver for the remote control..

Br
Caad

Since the DAC has a volume control the power amp can be connected directly. Unbalanced. I only get a hum/noise - no music. Can anybody help me? I must have done some wrong connections.
Connected both Optical and SP/DIF from my Philips 963 SA to the same inputs on the DAC.

Peter

Hi ..

Please check id display shows "unbal" .. If this is the case then, set the output to "bal" (for balanced output of the DAC chip) .
You can do this by pushing the +S and -S on the front panel at the same time..

Br
Caad

I tried to run the DAC as a pre to the power amp. No sound.
Tried to run it through the preamp - still no sound.
I may have set the remote wrong. Could someone direct me with the right settings - step by step?

And someone wrote about the 'Advanced Settings menu'. How do I get that?

What does 'Fi. Soft UnB / Fast UnB' really mean? And how to use it.

Only a novice crying for help,

Peter

And someone wrote about the 'Advanced Settings menu'. How do I get that?

What does 'Fi. Soft UnB / Fast UnB' really mean? And how to use it.

Only a novice crying for help,

Peter

On the remote, press lower left (or right) button to go into advance settings, you will see "UnBal" there.
Then on the front panel, press S-/S+ at the same to change UnBal to Bal.

PS.
This is reason why I think the firmware should be made "Bal" as default.

Ok, I have run at Balance out and Unbalance out - several times.
I have tried Coax, Optical and now Usb. No sound.
I just don't understand what i am doing wrong. This should be easy - i thought ;-)

Could you please show me some pictures of how the display looks like when you have an input.

PeterKD

Ok, I have run at Balance out and Unbalance out - several times.
I have tried Coax, Optical and now Usb. No sound.
I just don't understand what i am doing wrong. This should be easy - i thought ;-)

Could you please show me some pictures of how the display looks like when you have an input.

PeterKD

Which output stage are you using ? (LL1684 or discrete solid state output)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.