• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do you see the backlight on at the begin with the character ####.... ?

No backlight at all. I see the characters ### ... then blank. When the power button is pressed on the remote, the DAC powers up. LCD displays USB and volume etc but no backlight on the LCD. DAC works OK but power off on the remote does not work - cannot go back to standby.

Last edited:
Hello Quanghao, did you really mean that this Super V/I is better than active module with opa 627 ? If you, a full set is 405,50 but how to add as I would like to add an Amareno usb module. I hope to find in the packet for LNV and the caps for coax and AES input...
Waiting for a quick answer to take my place in the list.

Hello Quanghao, did you really mean that this Super V/I is better than active module with opa 627 ? If you, a full set is 405,50 but how to add as I would like to add an Amareno usb module. I hope to find in the packet for LNV and the caps for coax and AES input...
Waiting for a quick answer to take my place in the list.

Somehow I missed have missed the price of this. Is it really US$405.50 for a complete pair? Is it that much better than the the present output? Are you able to offer some sort of trade in? I would be interested in this if only to free up some space within my chassis for a cubox and the necessary transformers etc. Probably a stupid question, but can the DAC board be connected directly to a pair of hypex modules?

Somehow I missed have missed the price of this. Is it really US$405.50 for a complete pair? Is it that much better than the the present output? Are you able to offer some sort of trade in? I would be interested in this if only to free up some space within my chassis for a cubox and the necessary transformers etc. Probably a stupid question, but can the DAC board be connected directly to a pair of hypex modules?

Not trying to take business away, but you could buy the tx's yourself. I thought they were pretty easy to install since there isn't much to connect.
The German distributor has them for 120e each.

Randy

Hi!

I am about to get the second version of this dac and I am planning to go unbalanced voltage out straight to the power amplifier. I´m aware of the consensus that transformer is the way to go, but right now I have a limited budget and I have some russian teflons laying around. The plan is as follows:

Reverse dac b and paralell dac a and b.
Implement RC low pass to filter out of band noise.
Implement output high pass filter to block DC from dac.
Connect it directly to the power amplifier.

For low pass I have 2200pf teflons that would give me 72 KHz fc with 1 KOhms or 145 KHz with 500 Ohms.

For high pass I have some 0.47uF teflons with my 100 KOhms impedance it would give me an fc of 3.4 hz.

Is this a good plan? Should I go for a 2nd order low pass filter?

What low pass fc should I aim for?

Does paralleling a and b dacs bring any benefits compared to only use the a dac?

Best Regards Christian

Well, i like to experiment and I do not see any major obvious technical reason for my approach wold not sound more or less as good. Maybe I´m wrong, maybe not. The major drawback would be aprox half the output voltage, but I will crank up the gain of my amp.

B.R Christian

From what I remember, buried in this thread somewhere, audiodesign described how to do what you want to do.

I believe the newest firmware supports this mode.

In my gut, I think it would be a compromise, but I haven't tried it either.

Good luck.

I am planning to go unbalanced voltage out straight to the power amplifier.
Reverse dac b and paralell dac a and b.
The firmware will do the phase-reversal for you - on the front panel I think you need to press the two side buttons simultaneously.
Andrea (audiodesign) has reported good results with this, using caps as explained here -
This evening I have tested the following configurations ...
4) Un-balanced direct connection in voltage mode with only 2.2uF Z-Cap capacitor (0.1uF bypass MKP1837 as option)

And forum member sipo75 is using unbalanced direct connection, apparently with NO capacitor -
I am using this configuration. No filter. Direct out to Symasym. I have changed the output configuration of the DAC to unbalanced out as documented by audiodesign, shorted Out + and -.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.