• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi judo and all,
The DAC play with DSD, you can see in the LCD :

This DAC of inforsit ( i take it to day , and ship tomorow ) - Thank inforsit,
Quanghao

Attachments

• DAC-END-R-(ES9018)-wiht-usb.jpg
    DAC-END-R-(ES9018)-wiht-usb.jpg
    418.2 KB · Views: 317
  • DSD file.jpg
    DSD file.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 294
  • inforsit DAC1.jpg
    inforsit DAC1.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 282
  • inforsit DAC2.jpg
    inforsit DAC2.jpg
    664.5 KB · Views: 271
Hi judo and all,
The DAC play with DSD, you can see in the LCD :

This DAC of inforsit ( i take it to day , and ship tomorow ) - Thank inforsit,
Quanghao

Hi quanghao and all,

My DAC plays DSD and HIRES too in foobar with asio and left its bad habit starting every tracks in 44k :D.
It seems to work in jriver too. (Apropos, can jriver play sacd iso written to dvd ?)
Now I leave it as is, check later.

Hi quanghao and all,

My DAC plays DSD and HIRES too in foobar with asio and left its bad habit starting every tracks in 44k :D.
It seems to work in jriver too. (Apropos, can jriver play sacd iso written to dvd ?)
Now I leave it as is, check later.

So using ASIO driver all ok ?

Have you installed the normal driver to play Amonero in KS, DS and WSAPI ?

Amanero Technologies

In the Amonero can be recognized as audio driver by Windows also without driver but in this case it will work only at 44KHz.

Last edited:
So using ASIO driver all ok ?

Have you installed the normal driver to play Amonero in KS, DS and WSAPI ?

Amanero Technologies

In the Amonero can be recognized as audio driver by Windows also without driver but in this case it will work only at 44KHz.

Now the dac plays. The configuratin is the same by Hifiduino as was before, so I do not know what has changed and why asio works now. What I know I reinstalled everything tenth times (except windows) and I tried to use the newest from everything. (for ex. I have oemtool109,110a,111a,115 etc.)
I think we need both driver asio does not work alone. I had not much time to check but I put back KS (foo_out_ks into components) now and it starts every track in 44 but after restarting the track works well until the next track.
That strangeness stayed when I connect amanero or switch on the dac connected and choose USB link there is "44k lock" on the screen so it is independent from the KS error.

Now the dac plays. The configuratin is the same by Hifiduino as was before, so I do not know what has changed and why asio works now. What I know I reinstalled everything tenth times (except windows) and I tried to use the newest from everything. (for ex. I have oemtool109,110a,111a,115 etc.)
I think we need both driver asio does not work alone. I had not much time to check but I put back KS (foo_out_ks into components) now and it starts every track in 44 but after restarting the track works well until the next track.
That strangeness stayed when I connect amanero or switch on the dac connected and choose USB link there is "44k lock" on the screen so it is independent from the KS error.

It is normal to see 44K LOCK after selecting USB input before to play a track at different frequency.

Could you check the firmware version on Controller ? just push mute button on keyboard during switch-on phase #####...

please add your problem or correct the problem info

This is the current list:

1) smoothquark
problem: with USB input DSD plays fine but PCM is completely silent, right channel does not run on USB input but coax all ok
solution: Amanero, controller and flat cable will be changed

2) judo [SOLVED ??? ]
problem: USB input work only at 44KHz
solution: after ASIO driven installation all ok ? also in KS and DS ?

3) Erlend Sæterdal [SOLVED]
problem: lcd does not work
solution: the lcd controller module has be replaced

4) masterkey [SOLVED] [waiting the confirm]
problem: no work with usb input but work good with coax and optical input
solution: masterley will receive a new DAC module

5) misterwolf , Halook [SOLVED]
problem: spdif does not work with some non standard sources
solution: eliminate the 75ohm and add a 1uF capacitor after the input transformer (cut the pcb jump).

6) MattMax - [tested ?]
probem: tweeters of my loudspeakers emit a hissing sound when the DAC is on mute
solution: see point 2, apply #1586 and add a caps to filter high freq. on DAC output

7) Erlend Sæterdal [ tested ?]
problem: More than 11 mv offset with OPA 1612
solution: have you tested different op-amp ? have you apply the mod. #1586 ?

8) bertchai [tested ?]
problem: using Mac 0.5s at the beginning of the song is missing/silent
solution: try the version with automute delay reduced, post #1724

9) Some [SOLVED]
problem: Amanero USB module not recognized from PC
solution: the USB pins on pcb touch the DAC shield, so cut this

10) Some [SOLVED]
problem: lcd wrong characters
solution: change the flat cable or solder the wires

11) Many [SOLVED]
problem: firmware update
solution: the best method is to use the Pickit2 available on Ebay shop and Amazon, there are some cheaper clone

12) Many [SOLVED]
problem: little oscillation on power supply shunt
solution: follow post #1586 and #1626

please add your problem or correct the problem info

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.