• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Shipping

Today I have sent to you every name in the list below, please check the number of orders with bill:
1. TarnishedEars : 8026 0963 2640
2. Yildiray : 8026 0963 2592
3. Tan Mein : 8026 0963 2630
4. Jinkslynx : 8026 0963 2629
5. Bertchai : 8026 0963 2607
6. Boxi80 : 8026 0963 2651
7. la1209 : 8026 0963 2581
8. Domi_78 : 8026 0963 2618
9. kmajjo Jacky JOACHIM : 8026 0963 2662

Hi Quanghao,
I ordered the low cost shipping, I mean the VNPost shipping. Instead of that, some of us have choosen the FeDex shipping.
- I am surprised to notice that you use the same serie for tracking number according the two different ways of shipping

Hi, Domi_78.
You choose ship by VNPT, but I found it too long, so I arbitrarily ship by Fedex for you. I will pay the shipping cost by Fedex.
Thank you

Unbalanced direct output

I have some issues setting up the unbalanced direct output.

I have switched the output to unbalanced with the remote. I have removed the jumpers J5,J8 and J7,J6. Attached is a screenshot from the oscilloscope showing a peak to peak square wave of 25V. That is with full volume on the computer and on the DAC.

This was with no load on the output.

I tried 10 Ohm to GND which does tear down the swing to 730mV pp. The waveform looks pretty bad though on the oscilloscope.

So 10 Ohm to GND is the way to go?

Attachments

• DSX_QuickPrint3.jpg
    DSX_QuickPrint3.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 479
Last edited:
I have some issues setting up the unbalanced direct output.

I have switched the output to unbalanced with the remote. I have removed the jumpers J5,J8 and J7,J6. Attached is a screenshot from the oscilloscope showing a peak to peak square wave of 25V. That is with full volume on the computer and on the DAC.

This was with no load on the output.

I tried 10 Ohm to GND which does tear down the swing to 730mV pp. The waveform looks pretty bad though on the oscilloscope.

So 10 Ohm to GND is the way to go?

Oscillation @ 1kHz seams strange and should not be there even volume is set to max. Did you apply any signal to the input?

Oscillation @ 1kHz seams strange and should not be there even volume is set to max. Did you apply any signal to the input?

I posted the screenshot because I was seriously confused about Vpp.

Input is generated on the PC via the Amanero USB interface.

I can see a lot of high frequency content in the output. I am still trying to understand where that comes from. For one the 2x6V is supplied by a toroidal transformer. So any unexpected results are most probably due to my lacking measurement setup and build.

I was more surprised by the overshooting and the high frequency content. There is still a lot to learn for me - this is my first DIY DAC.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.