• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END R (ES9018) full assembled board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thank you very much, I will stay with bus-powered. I will not try to de-solder anything, having already ruined coaxial and AES BU inputs in de-soldering bad lnv7219 (although I- and many others - paid for good ones...). I don't want to ruined the Amanero board too... As I bought Amanero module from Quanghao, I could have expected, if this modification improves sound quality, that it would be done before sending it to me. But I am probably dreaming...
Another point, the 20 point connector is free, unsoldered despite it is necessary. Am I supposed to solder to the board on the reverse side?

I am sorry to hear that you've ruined the coaxial and AES inputs:eek:
The 20 pins connector has to be soldered so that the pins are facing the downward.
If you want to power the Amanero board from the DAC board instead of bus powered, just scratch a break on the Amanero board as in the picture and pull the J3 jumper off .:)

Attachments

• DSC_0109.jpg
    DSC_0109.jpg
    923 KB · Views: 728
  • DSC02809.jpg
    DSC02809.jpg
    859 KB · Views: 690
Last edited:
I am sorry to hear that you've ruined the coaxial and AES inputs:eek:
The 20 pins connector has to be soldered so that the pins are facing the downward.
If you want to power the Amanero board from the DAC board instead of bus powered, just scratch a break on the Amanero board as in the picture and pull the J3 jumper off .:)

i cut it, for not use suuply from computer fir Usb.

better use 3.3 v from DAC.
thanks

I bought an DAC End R Version 1 from a guy at the DIY Audio Forum...
I tried to start it today, but have problems with the SPDif input, I cant get any sound out.
What I did was:
- Connect R+Out and GND from the output to the chinch out
- Connect L+Out and GND from the output to the chinch out
- Set the output to Unbalanced
- Connect the Coax input with a cable to the pins between the place where the input can be soldered and the isolator.
- Removed J5,J6,J7,J8 in order to use it as an Voltage output

What did I do wrong ? You have an idea?
Can it be that I have to use other cables from the output ?
Thanx for the help

I bought an DAC End R Version 1 from a guy at the DIY Audio Forum...
I tried to start it today, but have problems with the SPDif input, I cant get any sound out.
What I did was:
- Connect R+Out and GND from the output to the chinch out
- Connect L+Out and GND from the output to the chinch out
- Set the output to Unbalanced
- Connect the Coax input with a cable to the pins between the place where the input can be soldered and the isolator.
- Removed J5,J6,J7,J8 in order to use it as an Voltage output

What did I do wrong ? You have an idea?
Can it be that I have to use other cables from the output ?
Thanx for the help

If the dac lock to the spdif input( please verify the at display ). Then try ti set the dac to "bal" balanced mode again.

The balanced mode refers to the dac chip only, not the assamled dac.
This unbal/bal function can be used in unbalanced mode only if an unbalanced analog curcuit is connected to the digital board(the big board inside the dac.
Br
Caad

Hmmm somebody has an idea why this DAC doesnt recoginze mi PI2 with hifiberry board?
Display doesnt show "locked"

Some of these boards have defective LMV7219 chips (can't lock spdif above 48KHz).
If it can't lock spdif on 44.1KHz, the previous owner might have spoilt the spdif input circuit during LMV7219 replacement soldering and thus you may demand a refund.

Okay.... Just tried to connect with a source with 48khz, was not possible....

So I have to order these LMV7219 and solder them there ?

To verify if it is a lmv7219 issue then try following.

The lmv7219 are placed at the coax and aes inputs only. Try to connect via optical input. This optical input can handle up to 96khz.

Does your dac have the usb Amanero board attached? In this case you should try to connect a pc via this input.

If your dac not include the usb amanero board, then you can order one at amanero.com if needed. I believe your rasp pi have an I2S output also?
Info: The amanero board vonverts usb to i2s (and dsd).
In this case you can connect your rasp pi board direct to the dac via the pins for the i2s input? You can see how these are connected at amanero.com
Br
Caad

Last edited:
List ship DAC

Hi All,
Until today, I ship Dac, for you are listed below:
1. KANNAN_S (ship 27 Mar 2015, number tracking 520825694, by TNT)
2. ANTON MEHL (ship 27 Mar 2015, number tracking 520825685, by TNT).
3. ANKLTAM (ship 01 Apr 2015, number tracking 520825819, by TNT).
4. BAMAREK (ship 01 Apr 2015, number tracking 520825822, by TNT).
5. HEGO (ship 01 Apr 2015, number tracking 520825836, by TNT).
6. ROBOTO (ship 04 Apr 2015, number tracking 520825941, by TNT).
7. ATTERBUD (ship 04 Apr 2015, number tracking 520825938, by TNT).
8. JAZZBEAR (ship 04 Apr 2015, number tracking 520825924, by TNT).
9. SEBASTIANL (ship 04 Apr 2015, number tracking 520825955, by TNT).

Please complete pay and I continue ship DAC next week.
Thanks for your wait!
Quanghao.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.