• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

The best preamplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I looked carelessly at the schematic and did not notice the added capacitor from the grid to anode.
But I could not find that there would be 4 tube halves ( 2 x 6N30P) in parallel.
Is it really so ?

Dual triode and the schematic seems to indicate two tubes, each pin has two pin numbers associated - presumably this means there are 4 sections in parallel. I'm not sure, language and drawing issues confuse the matter.

Almost !

You've just forgoten the "magical" deliberatly added 10pF that makes this preamp "the best" :rolleyes:

Here is "The Better Preamplifier Of The Whole Know And Unknow Universe" :

Pre0.gif

:hohoho:

Yves.
Faux ... La réponse est perturbée par l'inductance, la capacité et la résistance du câble coaxial utilisé entre l'entrée et la sortie ... Sans parler de l'absence d'adaptation d'impédance et de gain qui sont les raisons d'être d'un préamplificateur !

Alain. :D

P.S. I like very much your tubes curves tracer design using the powerline sinewave and the sound card inputs for the voltage and current simultaneous reading ... You are a "pro" ! ;)

artosalo said:
But I could not find that there would be 4 tube halves ( 2 x 6N30P) in parallel.
Sorry, my mistake. I must have counted grid connections instead of grids!

Yvesm said:
Here is "The Better Preamplifier Of The Whole Know And Unknow Universe" :
Your preamplifier will sound harsh and clinical, even though it will measure almost perfectly.

Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Sorry, my mistake. I must have counted grid connections instead of grids!

Your preamplifier will sound harsh and clinical, even though it will measure almost perfectly.

It's not really clear to me whether it uses 1 x 6N30 or 2 x 6N30, the tube is a dual and the schematic implies to me based on the pin# shown that there are in fact 4 triode sections in parallel.

Yves, I love the last line in your copyright statement.. :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.