• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011

... C3g in triode mode and a Lundahl LL1660 as output transformer ?

It is possible see my Phono End
Hi-end phono preamplifier
a single C3g per channel with LL1660/10mA 4.5:4 or 4,5:2 will be ok but much more expensive

Interesting design. Is it possible to use C3M instead C3G as they have almost the same spesification except the HV?
BTW thx for the link Andrea......

C3g in triode is better. C3m is better as a pentode, as triode it is nothing special, less linear than a 6sn7.
The C3g has an internal resistance of 2,3kohm, which fits nicely to the Lundahl, and is very linear as triode with very little distortion.

@Andrea: You seem to run the C3g with very little current. I have best results with about 15mA/160-180V, with low current it sounds phlegmatic and too dark and with bloated bass, hence not linear. Maybe this works together with special speaker like lowther, but not with my horns.

About getting a AD1865 DAC

Hi im interested in buying one of this converters, but i need it to have an AES digital input, since im using a Lynx AES16 soundcard with that output format, what is the final price for a finished unit? Can you offer something for me? Im not engineer so i think i wont be able to buy things and make them myself, i need something already done!

Im looking for a great sound for the best price. My DAC is already obsolete, im currently using a M-Audio Flying Cow 24bit. And i need to upgrade sound quality. Will these work for my needs?

How is this DAC quality compared to a Benchmark DAC1, Mytek 96 or Stello DA100?

Please send me the prices to my email dgk_8@hotmail.com

About getting a AD1865 DAC

Mmm very interesting i guess is like a more analog sound, i like that i dont like music with too much high frequencies, has anyone make one of this DAC with AES input compatibility? Im planning to use with Lynx AES16.

Can i connect it to a selfpowered 2.1 audio system without problems? No volume/gain issues?

Attachments

• DAC-end2011--1.jpg
    DAC-end2011--1.jpg
    330.9 KB · Views: 1,301
  • DAC-end2011-2.jpg
    DAC-end2011-2.jpg
    330.2 KB · Views: 1,277