• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011

After a period of DAC-END2 board design development, I received a lot of feedback from you guys - DIY’ers over the whole my country and over the world. I really appreciate your all encouragement and support, especially the full support with favorable conditions from the VNAV and DIYAUDIO forum board management. The comments from you (praise and blame) have made me think a lot and come to a determination of creating a new DAC board design that overcomes the existing disadvantages and raises the advantages of the basic design.
I am honored to present to you the new design of DAC-END up dat 2011.
Hereinafter are some of characteristics/feature that I was expected in this PCB design:

• The PBC board is designed with completely new concept.

• Optimization of the signal circuit lines, clear direction, consistency, shortest as possible, to avoid cross infection.

• The mass system circuits are AC’s isolation between the analog signal processing and digital signal processing section.

• Anti-interference design screens for the entire grid circuit

• The Optical Input port are added beside Coaxial Input

• The Electronic Surface Mounted Components are applied for complying with the new PCB optimized design.

• Re-clocking option are considered for future upgrade

I believe that your comments in the past and future come with my efforts shall make DAC-END3 board continues bringing new exciting experiences in our DIY fields; especially when you are the one who turn it into reality.

Thank you very much for your attention!

This is cricuit

Attachments

• DAC-END-updat-2011-cricuit.jpg
    DAC-END-updat-2011-cricuit.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 8,143
And this layout of DAC!
The chips are arranged very close together, noise reduction, the best signal!
The street circuit is running a separate signal layers
The road runs its own power circuit layer
GND and DGND plane separated and connected by inductors

Please see the image!

Attachments

• Layout-DAC-END-2011.jpg
    Layout-DAC-END-2011.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 5,718
  • AGND-DGND.jpg
    AGND-DGND.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 5,223
Last edited:
The IV All in one, can use tube:5687, 6h30,6Dj8

And now is the layout for stage IV, I called all in one

1. Using different tube types, including: 5687, 6h6, 6h30, 6dj8 ...
Change the tube simply by changing the connector on the motherboard jum!

2. Can be used as a pre independence on the other tube

3.Phan Output capacitors are larger!

4. Options for the use of output transformers or capacitors or output downloads alone!
Invite your review!

Attachments

• all.jpg
    all.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 5,048
  • IV-Pre.jpg
    IV-Pre.jpg
    195 KB · Views: 4,867
The last kit was it $30, or $40 a board? I can vaguely (I'm 55 next month!) remember it was one of those two, plus shipping methinks.
My interest in this is that I heard a AudioNote Dac 3.1 with the silver transformers in a system I'm familiar with, and it sounded really good, the best I've heard in that system, or anywhere. So I reaaally liked it, but I can't afford it. My question (sorry for the wait)
is how close can I get with this? Do I need to add some transformers for I/V conversion/filtering to get more of that AN sound? I should add that I have read the old threads, but there is not a lot about sound quality on the threads.
Thanks in advance!

The last kit was it $30, or $40 a board? I can vaguely (I'm 55 next month!) remember it was one of those two, plus shipping methinks.
My interest in this is that I heard a AudioNote Dac 3.1 with the silver transformers in a system I'm familiar with, and it sounded really good, the best I've heard in that system, or anywhere. So I reaaally liked it, but I can't afford it. My question (sorry for the wait)
is how close can I get with this? Do I need to add some transformers for I/V conversion/filtering to get more of that AN sound? I should add that I have read the old threads, but there is not a lot about sound quality on the threads.
Thanks in advance!

I think this PCB updat, the sound is better!

I see I confused the board and kit. Sorry! I did not mean to say the kit. I meant the boards were about that price. Will you be selling resistors or anything else along with the boards, if you sell boards?
Changing the subject, you give the option to use three different tubes on your pre/IV
board - very cool - and I was wondering if there is anybody that has tried all three and compared them. Anybody have some experience or speculation about how they will sound?