• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011

Hi All!
some pictures IV use the audio output transformer LL1660

Attachments

• IV LL1660 1.jpg
    IV LL1660 1.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 681
  • IV LL1660 2.jpg
    IV LL1660 2.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 658
  • IV LL1660 3.jpg
    IV LL1660 3.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 648
  • IV LL1660 4.jpg
    IV LL1660 4.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 587
  • IV LL1660 5.jpg
    IV LL1660 5.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 582
I have just received the last version PCB and I have some difficult to find all parts, because there are some differences from schematic to PCB and BOM. So I have some questions for Quanghao and all guys that built the DAC:

- which 74HC04 package, SOP or SOIC?
- I cannot find any switch suitable for P2, Mouser or Digi-Key part?
- at the upper right corner of the PCB there is a kind of transistor foot print, marked XLR IN, what is rhat?
- in the pictures published from Quanghao and other guys, SPDIF transformer is not fitted. Is it not needed for coaxial input?
- in DAC shunt regulator schematic and BOM I found 6 2K2 resistors (R5, R14,...). Where are them on the PCB?
- I found 6 10K resistors in shunt regulator BOM, but I cannot found them in schematic and PCB?!?!
- in PCB shunt regulator I found 6 diodes (D21...D26), but I cannot found them in schematic and BOM. What are them?
- in the pictures published I can see some capacitor (100 nf???) at each output of the shunt regulators, but I cannot found them in schematic and BOM. What are them?
- what Mouser or Digi-Key part for IRF heatsink?
- I have to choise output tubes, what do you suggest, 5687/E182CC/6DJ8/6922 or 6H30PI?

Thanks all for any help

Andrea

I have just received the last version PCB and I have some difficult to find all parts, because there are some differences from schematic to PCB and BOM. So I have some questions for Quanghao and all guys that built the DAC:

- which 74HC04 package, SOP or SOIC?

74hc04 , can fin in ebay

- I cannot find any switch suitable for P2, Mouser or Digi-Key part

- at the upper right corner of the PCB there is a kind of transistor foot print, marked XLR IN, what is rhat?
Not use XLR in

- in the pictures published from Quanghao and other guys, SPDIF transformer is not fitted. Is it not needed for coaxial input?

Yes, only use Cap in put

- in DAC shunt regulator schematic and BOM I found 6 2K2 resistors (R5, R14,...). Where are them on the PCB?

change by zenner diode 2.7V

- I found 6 10K resistors in shunt regulator BOM, but I cannot found them in schematic and PCB?!?!
se in the pcb

- in PCB shunt regulator I found 6 diodes (D21...D26), but I cannot found them in schematic and BOM. What are them?

- in the pictures published I can see some capacitor (100 nf???) at each output of the shunt regulators, but I cannot found them in schematic and BOM. What are them?

- what Mouser or Digi-Key part for IRF heatsink?

- I have to choise output tubes, what do you suggest, 5687/E182CC/6DJ8/6922 or 6H30PI?

5687 or e182cc

thanks

Please see this file !
thanks
Hi quanghao,

I would like you reply to all my questions, because I have difficult to find some parts, because in some case is not clear what specific part are needed.
For example:
- 74HC04, I can also find it at mouser, but I asked which package, SOP or SOIC? Have you designed PCB for SOP or SOIC footprint?
- slide switch P2: you have designed PCB for a specific footprint, please let us know what specific Mouser or Digi-Key part fit correctly onto the PCB.
- about SPDIF transformer you said to use caps only, do I need some wire link on PCB instead of transformer?
- about 6 * 2K2 resistors you said to replace them with 2.7V zener, are them the diodes marked D21...D26 on the pcb?
- about capacitors at the output of each shunt regulator I've seen in some pitcures, but I can't find in the schematic and in BOM, what are them?
- again, you designed DAC PCB to use specific heatsink for IRF540/9540, I have difficult to find a suitable heatsink, please let us know what specific Mouser or Digi-Key part fit correctly onto the PCB
- the last schematic is not aligned to PCB and BOM (either DAC PCB than IV PCB), please publish the correct schematic

Thanks
Andrea

Hi Guys, for Stage 4 1660 board Lundahl lists a ll1660 and ll1660s. Would one be better than the other? Would they both work?

I see Quanghao used the 10 MA version, there is also an 18ma version. Does it make a difference if I use one of the other. .

http://www.lundahl.se/pdfs/datash/1660.pdf
http://www.lundahl.se/pdfs/datash/1660s.pdf

These are the two fact sheets from Lundahl. Any recommendations/thoughts appreciated.