• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011

Audio Note Dac?

I found this on the audiodesign guide site, as I was reading throught the "AD1865 the best DAC thread, where Mr. Ciufoli is experimenting to come up with optimal I/V conversion:

"Follows the measurement of the DAC board on AD1865 output with a filter composed by a 100uH choke and 10nF capacitor in parallel to the 200ohm resistor (like the AudioNote DAC), the sampling frequency 44KHz is at -35dB."

I couldn't attach measurements (don't know how), and they are not relavant to my questions, anyway. Isn't this making the chip work very hard, slowing it down? Another question, which AudioNote dac uses this method?

Hi Quanghao,
Please tell me if the new DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011 pcb is already available for sale?
I am interested to buy two pieces!
Thank you!

yes! this is PCB DAC-END updat 2011

Attachments

• dac-end 2011.JPG
    dac-end 2011.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,982
Hi Quanghao:

Great that you are doing a pcb for the AD 1865. Myself I have built the TDA 1541A parallel DAC + 6P45C from scratch with the information provided by diyers from the net. Thanks to them once again.

Like you have said, I think audiophiles never really stop searching for something better. That is why I would like to build your AD 1865 and compare with my TDA 1541A together with my newly build 26 preamp.

Could you tell me what you can provide ? Only the pcb boards ? A kit ?
Has the boards been fully tested ?

Thanks in advance !

Best regards,
NG

Hi Quanghoa,
Between output of DAC-END AD1865 and DAC-ASH I like to use Sowter 9762 transformers like Audio Note DAC 3.1 kit! I saw somewhere implement this option for 5687tubes. Can you upload again the schematic?
How do you buy the two sets of PCBs (2 X new DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011 and 2 x DAC-ASH IVstage)?
Send me a PM!
Thanks!

I found this on the audiodesign guide site, as I was reading throught the "AD1865 the best DAC thread, where Mr. Ciufoli is experimenting to come up with optimal I/V conversion:

"Follows the measurement of the DAC board on AD1865 output with a filter composed by a 100uH choke and 10nF capacitor in parallel to the 200ohm resistor (like the AudioNote DAC), the sampling frequency 44KHz is at -35dB."

I couldn't attach measurements (don't know how), and they are not relavant to my questions, anyway. Isn't this making the chip work very hard, slowing it down? Another question, which AudioNote dac uses this method?

hi!
you can see the measure in the web: Audio Design Guide

AudioNote use it the sample filter, before connect to IV stage!

Ad1865 - R - EL84 - Sowter

This is my plan for the updated Dac End board, when they are ready:
Out of the AD1865 NOS, into a 200 ohm mk132 caddock, then into a EL84
tube buffer, and finally through a Sowter 8347 dac interface transformer.

The resistor is what Ciuffoli came up with, and I'm not sure about what value to use. The EL84 is a nice sounding tube (if I could afford it I would use 245's or 300's) and ran as a buffer gave some tube sound with low distortion. The Sowter is actually made for a PCM63, PCM67 or a PCM1702, not for the AD1865, but I got a good price on them on Ebay, and Sowter emailed me back
and said they should work. This is the Sowter link:

Sowter Type 8347 DAC INTERFACE TRANSFORMER

In the meanwhile I have got one of those Ebay ad1865 dacs, and I will use that to play with. Has anybody tried this configuration and have thoughts about what might be the best sound? I think I'm going to velcro some of the components down so I can switch them around.

This new kit DAC-ENd up dat 2011

My frien say about it:( i use google translater):
E situation is very fortunate to have your loan before the shop owner END DAC 2 Demo about to hear, after two days' hearing forgot "until 2am e write little comments on this product with the doctor.

The first thing I wanted to say it would like to thank and congratulate QuangHao doctor gave him an e Hiend quality product that is very normal price dan.E met and talked directly to your home and is known to be the product of your work, the group that has spent so much effort research and testing, dumping a lot of sweat and sacrifice even more to love, appreciate fine f and a god to do this again thank you ....

A little too much rambling e permission to go into product evaluation END DAC 2, this configuration is composed of Ali33shop DIY speakers, Conrad Johnson CA200 Amplifier, Pioneer CDP engine is T05, its wires are of good quality wire and equipment involved Bel Canto DAC3 projection. Looking for e gut DAC are generally nice and neat layout is reasonable, although still a demo, hopefully the official version will look better on your ears nua.Ghe time that everything is working very normally quiet, does not emit noise and temperature also have no problem on e gi.Nhu said that this product quality Hiend, e dare to confirm this by calculating E or like bartering and CDP pretty much played through stacks of 2k Games -> 4K, but difficult to say products have sound quality comparable to Dac end2.

The first feeling when it is plugged into the performance space becomes very firmly with the incredible clean sound, the listener feel as close to the singer, musician and close to the sound quality music hon.Ve END 2 highlights the DAC with features such as: sound natural, warm, rustic but not dry, but not artificially sweet, seasoned and well balanced, the music is more cao.Do Properties of sound, though not compared with the 24-bit DAC for decoding a new life but the way every detail of the music is expressed Dac end2 a very pleasant and refined te.Ngoai recognizing the singer on the left and right, sitting or standing, we can easily identify the near and far of the instruments or voices in the orchestra is playing, this creates a stage width and depth are very lively. In the third band may sound high at first sounds a little bit early (perhaps due to insufficient light burning), but more and more absorbed and listen to music that represents the best medium for 3 bands, very sweet and media cam.Tieng depression is expressed not strong, but not too soft power and deep, deep center of Old English Contra bass is clear and without confusion dinh.Dai slightly higher in E flat sides a bit, feeling a little lacking detail and sharp, not flax cultivation but is offset by the sweet sound of thanh.Hi expected e upgrade of the high range better.

Test with Vocal music from various genres, music gold, to Vietnamese music concert, Jazz, Classical and other specialized test CD of the orchestra (I do not try to rock, but likely will not apply) END DAC 2 both made nice Vocal especially wonderful to hear, but could not say how h e Vocal or listening to the speakers on the e, compared with the Bel Canto DAC3 it brings so much emotion focused nhieu.E sat listening to a CD Khanh Ly Trinh music by singing for a long time that e not touched because it's quite sad, as the true expression of the End 2 DAC sadness come alive again as hon.Nghe the "old Ms", "Ru go offline life, "" The autumn leaves fade "..... but it feels like to live in their own context of these songs, strong emotions are evoked when each grain of sand lyrics len.Nghe finished every sentence so that O Trinh Cong Son's music or the new stars so deep that every day why I do not know:!: On the second audio DAC can END weaker Bel Canto 3 in a number of levels, or by e but is Dac End 2 or concise hon.Noi is brought many emotions while listening is the strongest point of this product, one thing that has to spend more than a dozen times the amount may not be available.

Many advantages, but not this f 2 DAC END no downside, e for a number of points raised:
+ It makes sense of musical tempo slowed, perhaps because English is too thick and more body negative (This does not always possible).
+ The overall feeling should shrink up to 1 ty may not be consistent with a number of people.
+ Your music shows many details not really coherent at the climax stage.
+ Strip a little higher for more details.
I think that this disadvantage can be overcome by changing a number of components but this much is lost when another adjustment will be heard by each person's taste.
In summary, the Dac End 2 is a process or product from the amount spent to get it, even with the 3 times that amount (according to you), please say it is like Hiend average price .1 again congratulations on your shop owners and look forward to your good health for a better product for his e nhac.Than love love!
Google Translate for my:SearchesVideosEmailPhoneChatBusiness

Attachments

• DAC-END-2011-1.jpg
    DAC-END-2011-1.jpg
    223.4 KB · Views: 1,925
  • DAC-END-2011-2.jpg
    DAC-END-2011-2.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 1,852