• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-END The best DAC AD1865- UPDAT 2011

I completed the excellent AD1865 DAC and I<m very pleased with it. The sound is gorgeous, full of body and with delicacy and air, very pleasant, never tiring. I don't know if it is the 6H30 tube output section but the highs in particular are charming, like crystal, sweet. Guitar on this DAC are superb. I'm very impressed by the AD1865.

I was fortunate to buy this kit from an other forum member. The case and irons were missing. The pcb were assembled using top grade parts all around and I'm sure it shows.

I used a recycled Hammond enclosure and did the rear panel myself. The DAC sound is so great that I'll have a FPE front panel made for sure.

I had all the transfo/choke in stock. The DAC is perfectly silent, no supply noise, no nothing, just great. Thanks quanghao for this great dac again.

Here the pictures:

Attachments

• Img_7482.jpg
    Img_7482.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 859
  • Img_7483.jpg
    Img_7483.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 830
  • Img_7484.jpg
    Img_7484.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 802
  • Img_7489.jpg
    Img_7489.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 780
  • Img_7490.jpg
    Img_7490.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 789
  • Img_7486.jpg
    Img_7486.jpg
    212.5 KB · Views: 394
  • Img_7487.jpg
    Img_7487.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 368
Listening more and more to this fantastic DAC, and indeed that may well be one of the best DAC out there, period. The sound is sound rich, vivid, alive! I hear details that I don't got on some very hi-end gears such as my ML390S.

I'm glad I had made a nice front panel to go with it, with credit to its designers HQ-Audio. I ordered small tube cage for the 6H30. Looks nice

Simply put, it is a superb DAC. Thanks Quanghao

Attachments

• Img_7560.jpg
    Img_7560.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 245
  • Img_7561.jpg
    Img_7561.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 246
  • Img_7563.jpg
    Img_7563.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 242
  • Img_7565.jpg
    Img_7565.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Img_7562.jpg
    Img_7562.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 210
Listening more and more to this fantastic DAC, and indeed that may well be one of the best DAC out there, period. The sound is sound rich, vivid, alive! I hear details that I don't got on some very hi-end gears such as my ML390S.

I'm glad I had made a nice front panel to go with it, with credit to its designers HQ-Audio. I ordered small tube cage for the 6H30. Looks nice

Simply put, it is a superb DAC. Thanks Quanghao

thank you!

please see vidio DAC 24 chip AD1865 with Amanero USB :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=TqX1Xdxw9fg&app=desktop

I`m playing on my AD1865 for the first time..I am using the firsts generation AD1865 pcb and the pcb with shunreg and 6H30i.
And it sound just fine allthow a little soft.

Does anyone know if the AD1865N and the AD1865N-K chip sound any different from eachother?
And is it safe to buy it on the ebay?

Superb workmanship Algar!

Well done!! Now only wish I could hear it

Do

I completed the excellent AD1865 DAC and I<m very pleased with it. The sound is gorgeous, full of body and with delicacy and air, very pleasant, never tiring. I don't know if it is the 6H30 tube output section but the highs in particular are charming, like crystal, sweet. Guitar on this DAC are superb. I'm very impressed by the AD1865.

I was fortunate to buy this kit from an other forum member. The case and irons were missing. The pcb were assembled using top grade parts all around and I'm sure it shows.

I used a recycled Hammond enclosure and did the rear panel myself. The DAC sound is so great that I'll have a FPE front panel made for sure.

I had all the transfo/choke in stock. The DAC is perfectly silent, no supply noise, no nothing, just great. Thanks quanghao for this great dac again.

Here the pictures:

Hello Guys,

First of all congratulations Algar_emi! It is an excellent work.
I am also working on a dac of Ciuffoly/Quanghao but I have a big problem.
I am looking for pcbs for the old version dac-end 2 (cheap version) with 5687 iv stage.
These pcbs were available by quanghao.com before but now i cant find them.
Does anybody know if pcbs for dac-end 2 or that version which Algar_emi built are available somewhere? I need only pcbs.
I have almost all the needed components for dac-end2 but cant find pcbs.
As I know Quanghao sales only the newest versions in kit.
I have bought dac end 24 pcbs here but unfortunately it is not supported by Quanghao so I could not get any info (schematic, bom, etc.) for it. Wasted money.

Help me please!:confused:
Thanks in advance

Hi Nguyen,
i decided to build the old dac end (cheap version).
i could not get all the needed (four pcs) pcbs so i am still looking for two pcbs for it.
1. Dac pcb (ad1865)
2. Power supply for iv stage
The other two pcbs (power supply for ad1865 dac, iv stage with two 5687 tube) i already have.
Do you may have these two pcbs which i am looking for?
thks
glaci