diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Quanghao Audio Design (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quanghao-audio-design/)
-   -   DAC-ASH (dac-end 2 up date) (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quanghao-audio-design/171999-dac-ash-dac-end-2-up-date.html)

quanghao 16th August 2010 12:49 PM

DAC-ASH (dac-end 2 up date)

Hello beautiful by mistake during installation of dat DAC-END up, I called up date-end DAC DAC-2 is ASH, so please discuss here.
DAC-ASH is mean Andrea-Salas-quanghao
Thanks a lot.

klaju1955 16th August 2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quanghao (Post 2274329)
Hello beautiful by mistake during installation of dat DAC-END up, I called up date-end DAC DAC-2 is ASH, so please discuss here.
DAC-ASH is mean Andrea-Salas-quanghao
Thanks a lot.

Thank you Quang Hao,

now we have our thread for the last DAC version, the "END-DAC 2".
You can put fotos of the PCBs, the schematics and the BOM here?

Klaus

quanghao 16th August 2010 04:42 PM

This cricuit of DAC-ASH (DAC-end updat)

3 Attachment(s)
This circuit of DAC-ASH (DAC-end updat)
In this new PCB, I used six separate sources for each chip Salas AD1865, 74HC04, CS8414.
Please see diagram!

parodielin 16th August 2010 04:56 PM

Forgive a beginner's question, would the DAC-ASH work without the I/V stage? Namely, would it possible to bulid using 1 PCB and "upgrade" later? or it has to be two boards simutaneously.

Quote:

Originally Posted by quanghao (Post 2274524)
This circuit of DAC-ASH (DAC-end updat)
In this new PCB, I used six separate sources for each chip Salas AD1865, 74HC04, CS8414.
Please see diagram!

quanghao 16th August 2010 05:04 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by parodielin (Post 2274534)
Forgive a beginner's question, would the DAC-ASH work without the I/V stage? Namely, would it possible to bulid using 1 PCB and "upgrade" later? or it has to be two boards simutaneously.

Yes! that is fine!

The IV stage i use parallel Composite-Triode, can use tube 6h6pi, 6h30pi, 6dj8

klaju1955 16th August 2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parodielin (Post 2274534)

Yes, you can buy only the DAC and later put the I/V board or use other buffer board of your choise.
The boards are independent with their own power supply, you also can use the I/V board like a Pre.

Klaus

parodielin 16th August 2010 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klaju1955 (Post 2274579)
Yes, you can buy only the DAC and later put the I/V board or use other buffer board of your choise.
The boards are independent with their own power supply, you also can use the I/V board like a Pre.

Klaus

In fact, my connection would be:

Computer -> USB (Teralink X2 -> SPDIF) -> DAC -> Pass B1 Buffer -> Class D -> 4 Ohm speakers

And

CD Player (SPDIF) -> DAC -> Pass B1 -> Class D -> 4 ohm speakers

I can build DAC only to make the above work. I can add I/V stage after DAC in the future. That simplifies the process a little bit and is more managable for beginners.

I tried to BOM the DAC over the weekend, but there are some components that I couldn't find over Mouser or Digikey.

Strosek 16th August 2010 06:13 PM

Thank you for this new thread Quanghao!!

All we need now is an updated BOM with the few typos corrected and we're off to the races!

klaju1955 16th August 2010 06:40 PM

What is with the diagramm of the I/V SSHV power supply?

parodielin 16th August 2010 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strosek (Post 2274608)
Thank you for this new thread Quanghao!!

All we need now is an updated BOM with the few typos corrected and we're off to the races!

Eaagerly waiting. Any plan for getting the chips? I saw a few group buy on the AD1865. Are we in a stage that reputable eBay sellers are there?

How long does it take for the DAC ASH PCB to show up in the States?