• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

DAC-ASH (dac-end 2 up date)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having just powered up my finished (but uncased) DACEND 2, I notice that L19 (LED connected to pin 28 of the CS8414) is on permanently, even with no input signal. Should this be the case? All six shunt PS's appear to be OK (ie. easily adjusted to precisely 5V). Also, no output signal is detectable when a CD transport is connected. Could this indicate a faulty CS8414?

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Having just powered up my finished (but uncased) DACEND 2, I notice that L19 (LED connected to pin 28 of the CS8414) is on permanently, even with no input signal. Should this be the case? All six shunt PS's appear to be OK (ie. easily adjusted to precisely 5V). Also, no output signal is detectable when a CD transport is connected. Could this indicate a faulty CS8414?

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated.

Thanks.

yes, CCS8414 have problem!
And you connect jum 1 to 2, in the board DAC!

Last edited:
Hi Quangao!
Excuseme if i disturb you too.
I have any question.
Can i use semiconductor diode 1N5819 or 1N5842 for 2A 800V? Excuseme but i dont' understand.
Can i use the four diode for anodic? Or only two without D9 and D11?
In this link i read like this (308 and 309):

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quanghao-audio-design/171999-dac-ash-dac-end-2-up-date-31.html

The latest question: is it right the 2SK170 SR?

The dac that i would built is the second "DAC END" not the last of 2011.

Thank you!
Regards.
Antonio.

yes, CCS8414 have problem!
And you connect jum 1 to 2, in the board DAC!

Thanks for your advice. I've replaced the CS8414 & the LED is now on at power up & when there is no SPDIF signal (ie. DAC is idle). When I select PLAY on the CD player (transport), the LED goes out, but there is no output (audio signal) to I/V stage.

I have triple checked placement of all components on the board. Voltages at IC pins are what they should be & the six SS regulators are running at the same temp (barely warm). CS8414, 74HC04 & AD1865NK are good.

Any ideas where I may be going wrong?

Apologies if this isn't the right place to post this query; this thread has gone very quiet..........

Hello!
I have builded DAC END 2...it's fantastic!
A large soundstage and a natural timbre! Sounds very very good!
Thank you Qhanghao an Andrea!!!
Unfortunately i don't succeed to put the photos of dac! Can you help me?

I have question: I have used the 6DJ8 ...what is the output voltage and the impedence?

Thank you!
Antonio.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.