• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Salas low voltage shunt regulator (V 1.0 ) for DAC and more

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Salas low voltage shunt regulator (V 1.0)for DAC or other project!
Hello!

There are many member love the design of Salas and they require a low voltage pcb Salas again

I like most is vesiont 1, because I have used successfully in the DAC-END.

You can use the DAC, like I'm doing, or for other projects.

V 1.0 design by Salas

Information:

There are three sources that: 2 + and 1 -.

From 5V-30V, the current 10-200mA

So I open the group by making PCB design of low voltage Salas.

You can see Salas design in:The simplistic Salas low voltage shunt regulator

And I use for DAC in:
DAC End by Andrea Ciuffoli group buys.

DAC End 2 - the AD1865N-K with single ended vacuum output stage

There are so many members want me to do this PCB. I find v1.0 very stable Salas low and very low noise. In this PCB you can use for projects ranging from 3 V to use 50v. with 3 outputs including 2 + and an early start - with a maximum response line 250-300ma! you can see by the pictures!

Attachments

• Salas-low-shunt.jpg
    Salas-low-shunt.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 3,325
Hi all this is layout for Salas for DAC anf all project low voltage
Min 3 v- 40V.
In this PCB i use the new CCS of V1.2 of Salas, About Shunt i keep design V1., because i likes V1 , it is simple!
You can se circuit and layout!

Attachments

• Sala-shunt-V-1+.jpg
    Sala-shunt-V-1+.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 3,198
  • Salas-low-shunt-dang-lam-2.jpg
    Salas-low-shunt-dang-lam-2.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 3,083
Quanghao,

You mention above that the individual sections of the PCB can be separated. The board design looks pretty tight at the junctions...perhaps you can add a dashed line to indicate the cut line for separating? Do you have a BOM list?

Hi! thanks your advance!
Now im testing with Salas CCS v1.2 with Salas shunt V1.
When it have good the layout out, i can open it again!
Thanks!

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
No! i test about The V1.2 CCs with Bc560 and 2n5459, 2sk170
An shunt of V1.0 ( i like it)
If CCs V1.2 it work good with V1.0 Shunt, i can make it for diy!
What do you think it?
Thanks for advace!

Well, its a faster CCS, positive to have, should be no problem if it will work in your layout as a hybrid with a proven V1 shunt part. Make sure its absolutely stable on scope and for enough practical real life tests. VR1 1K will never take it to tens of Volt out. Also your 5459s will be dead at 40V you aspire. Designate a 5k trimmer and 28V max in 22V max out spec.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.